Disc Golf Store
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hudson, OH

I have the opportunity to take a business trip to Hudson, OH within the next 30 days. I am driving there from Annapolis, MD.

My plan is to leave early the first day, stop and play a couple of courses near Pittsburgh and spend the night near Hudson. Work the next day and hopefully get off early enough to play Hudson Springs Park. Leave the following day and head back to Annapolis stopping along the way and playing some more courses.

Here are my questions:

1. Do I have to worry about courses being closed due to snow? I understand it will be cold, windy and wet, but would hate to drive up to a closed course.

2. Any suggestion on OH courses I should hit on the way home?

3. Anybody want to meet up and play a round or two? (Not sure of dates yet, but will PM you when I find out.)
Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 361
Annapolis <-> Hudson

Being Akron born and raised, it is difficult for me to admit this, but the greater Pittsburgh-area courses offer a bit stronger selection along this route. Deer Lakes and Moraine are both on my limited (9 of 287 played) Favourites list, and I also liked Knob Hill and Two Mile Run Extension.

Ohio courses on your route or relatively near Hudson you may want to consider include:
  • Clarence Darrow
  • Parma (Veteran's Memorial)
  • Roscoe Ewing (although latest word is 3 holes are being moved/not available)
  • Portage Lakes

As always, read the reviews, and see which courses appeal to you. I think all these Ohio courses can have some areas prone to dampness, so be prepared.

Obviously, trying to travel ~375 miles AND play disc golf during the limited daylight hours in January make your task difficult - plan well, and have fun!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 41
ohio weather in january...

last weekend i went out on the town at night and was perfectly comfortable in shorts/t-shirt outside. a few days before that and a few days after that it was heavy winter cloths from top to bottom.

plan for snow, but plan for mud more than anything. if you play at Hudson Springs Park then plan on heavy winds along with the precipitation and mud.

but don't forget to have fun

i think this is why the jenkins went to cali. smart move.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 293
Plan on golfing as much in the Pittsburgh area as your time allows, that part of Ohio simply doesn't
even come close to what Pittsburgh offers.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 72
Trip Itinerary

As it stands now, I will be driving out to Hudson, OH for a business meeting and then back to Annapolis, MD.

I will try and hit the following courses. (Depending on weather conditions and how well my body stands up, I may drop a course here or there.)

Feb. 18th - Deer Lake, Knob Hill and Two Mile Run

Feb. 19th - Moraine, Clarence Darrow and Hudson Springs

Feb. 20th - Business Meeting

Feb. 21st - Portage Lakes and Woodshed and/or Whippin Post

I know it is a bit ambitious, but not sure when I will make it out this way again.

If anyone want to meet up, just send me a PM.