Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Things I don't understand? What qualifies you as somebody who does and me as someone who doesn't? What you've made some videos, does that qualify you?

My qualification is my eyes, I can watch something and tell you if it sucks or not. I can see what the limitations are of each aspect. It's not rocket science, even idiots watch something and tell you if it sucks.

I've made my points and the only thing you can do is naysay without a supporting argument.

Have you seen the copter in action? Unless you have then it's you who doesn't have a clue. Quit being butt hurt because the copter takes better video than you.

They're already using the copter for major pro sports, I guess those people are dumb to.
Heh, you sure I'm the butthurt one in this dialogue?

I let my resume, references, and fact that I'm in the industry speak for itself. PM me if you'd like my CV/reel...but I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest, so let's squash that part. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying anyway.

I agree that this copter/camera is a great variant on the typical (and I actually said that in my previous post as well). I never was speaking about your eyesight, aesthetic perceptiveness, or notions of suckage.

What you were exposing your lack of knowledge on is on 2 fronts - one being how golf tournaments are filmed (and thus disc golf, since it's the typically imitated format), and the other being why they're filmed that way...though I suspect you were exaggerating what the other guy was saying in the first place in order to prove your point, but you did post so I'm taking it at face value.

In a nutshell, what it boils down to is expertise. Camera operating for sports is not a field you just show up one day and get to the A-list. When you combo that with a master RC helicopter pilot skillset, it becomes expensive to payroll that specific niche operator...and if you want quality you need two people for that job anyway.

So, while you can say you've made your points - I'll contend that your points are ill-informed with regards to filming procedures and also the overall skill levels required to properly execute something you're touting as a "better" way to shoot disc golf tournaments.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
New's got another one!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
How's Chains coming, Jtacoma?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
International Hair Champion

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post

What you were exposing your lack of knowledge on is on 2 fronts - one being how golf tournaments are filmed (and thus disc golf, since it's the typically imitated format)
There is huge irony right here. I wonder if this has been used for any major golf tournaments or anything ? I wouldn't know though
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
the best coverage I've seen is with a boom. start at player height then lift above as they throw... defines the fairway, shows the limb elevation, and really gives depth to the hole. Only need to get about 12-15 feet high to give the hole some depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oWfJhS-Bc
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
the best coverage I've seen is with a boom. start at player height then lift above as they throw... defines the fairway, shows the limb elevation, and really gives depth to the hole. Only need to get about 12-15 feet high to give the hole some depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oWfJhS-Bc
That is very smooth. How much does it cost?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
they can be had in the $300 range... or as high as... well, what would Lucas pay for one?

My dad used to operate a camera on one... back when film was kodak, and cameras were... film.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
There is huge irony right here. I wonder if this has been used for any major golf tournaments or anything ? I wouldn't know though
It is funny how many of us know and just can not say anything. I hope Keens taste good because some people are going to be pulling their feet out of their mouths.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
It is funny how many of us know and just can not say anything.
is this a 2012 Prodigy thread??

Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
the copter is sweet.