#81  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
JTacoma03's Avatar
JTacoma03 JTacoma03 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baton Rouge, LA and SF, CA
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Things I don't understand? What qualifies you as somebody who does and me as someone who doesn't? What you've made some videos, does that qualify you?

My qualification is my eyes, I can watch something and tell you if it sucks or not. I can see what the limitations are of each aspect. It's not rocket science, even idiots watch something and tell you if it sucks.

I've made my points and the only thing you can do is naysay without a supporting argument.

Have you seen the copter in action? Unless you have then it's you who doesn't have a clue. Quit being butt hurt because the copter takes better video than you.

They're already using the copter for major pro sports, I guess those people are dumb to.
Heh, you sure I'm the butthurt one in this dialogue?

I let my resume, references, and fact that I'm in the industry speak for itself. PM me if you'd like my CV/reel...but I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest, so let's squash that part. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying anyway.

I agree that this copter/camera is a great variant on the typical (and I actually said that in my previous post as well). I never was speaking about your eyesight, aesthetic perceptiveness, or notions of suckage.

What you were exposing your lack of knowledge on is on 2 fronts - one being how golf tournaments are filmed (and thus disc golf, since it's the typically imitated format), and the other being why they're filmed that way...though I suspect you were exaggerating what the other guy was saying in the first place in order to prove your point, but you did post so I'm taking it at face value.

In a nutshell, what it boils down to is expertise. Camera operating for sports is not a field you just show up one day and get to the A-list. When you combo that with a master RC helicopter pilot skillset, it becomes expensive to payroll that specific niche operator...and if you want quality you need two people for that job anyway.

So, while you can say you've made your points - I'll contend that your points are ill-informed with regards to filming procedures and also the overall skill levels required to properly execute something you're touting as a "better" way to shoot disc golf tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Don Rickles #1 Fan
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 9,182
New's got another one!

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
bergdawg bergdawg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenville
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,192
How's Chains coming, Jtacoma?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Connor Jones's Avatar
Connor Jones Connor Jones is offline
International Hair Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post

What you were exposing your lack of knowledge on is on 2 fronts - one being how golf tournaments are filmed (and thus disc golf, since it's the typically imitated format)
There is huge irony right here. I wonder if this has been used for any major golf tournaments or anything ? I wouldn't know though
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
sprintermatt sprintermatt is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 614
the best coverage I've seen is with a boom. start at player height then lift above as they throw... defines the fairway, shows the limb elevation, and really gives depth to the hole. Only need to get about 12-15 feet high to give the hole some depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oWfJhS-Bc
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM
BigSky's Avatar
BigSky BigSky is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintermatt View Post
the best coverage I've seen is with a boom. start at player height then lift above as they throw... defines the fairway, shows the limb elevation, and really gives depth to the hole. Only need to get about 12-15 feet high to give the hole some depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oWfJhS-Bc
That is very smooth. How much does it cost?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
sprintermatt sprintermatt is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 614
they can be had in the $300 range... or as high as... well, what would Lucas pay for one?

My dad used to operate a camera on one... back when film was kodak, and cameras were... film.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM
prerube's Avatar
prerube prerube is offline
The Man, the Myth, the Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clinton, MD
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 204
Posts: 11,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Jones View Post
There is huge irony right here. I wonder if this has been used for any major golf tournaments or anything ? I wouldn't know though
It is funny how many of us know and just can not say anything. I hope Keens taste good because some people are going to be pulling their feet out of their mouths.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
ZAMson's Avatar
ZAMson ZAMson is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Slaughter Ln, Austin TX
Posts: 2,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
It is funny how many of us know and just can not say anything.
is this a 2012 Prodigy thread??
Reply With Quote
 

  #90  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Voice of Reason's Avatar
Voice of Reason Voice of Reason is offline
*Reform School Scholar*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville SC
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,706
the copter is sweet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.