#541  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
Could this bag look anymore ghetto? I mean look at that putter pocket. lol. Shocking so many people think this is an option from a Grip bag. Save your pennies and buy the real thing. I wouldnt even play if i was forced to use this bag, id be that embarrassed walking around with it.
Come now! Don't you think that Holly's really the most qualified to be the true authority on disc golf fashion?

TimG: How's about hooking her up with a Disc Golf Fashion Authority banner?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
dukdukgolf dukdukgolf is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: massachusetts
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tistoude View Post
For those of you that think this bag (original, smaller one) is not a good substitute I respect your opinion but choose to disagree.

It works perfectly for me as a disc golf bag. It provides me with all the storage I need and it has a price point that I think is fair.

The point is to introduce this bad idea to OTHER people right? Not just YOU. For ME it looks god aweful. Im guessing it feels the same. Just looking at the picture, the drink holder looks horrible, the putter is falling out of the pocket and it looks like there is an eye glass holder hanging off the front of it.

that top pocket that the grip bag has is what makes the Grip bag.

Just bc Turds are cheap, doesnt mean people should be lining up to buy them.

srry if this is soooooo offensive.
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
markbuch's Avatar
markbuch markbuch is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
The point is to introduce this bad idea to OTHER people right? Not just YOU. For ME it looks god aweful. Im guessing it feels the same. Just looking at the picture, the drink holder looks horrible, the putter is falling out of the pocket and it looks like there is an eye glass holder hanging off the front of it.

that top pocket that the grip bag has is what makes the Grip bag.

Just bc Turds are cheap, doesnt mean people should be lining up to buy them.

srry if this is soooooo offensive.
Oh, the Grip snobbery. If it looks "god awful" for you, then why would you go out of your way to come in here and comment on it? If you had something constructive that happened to be negative, then by all means share it. "The frame hurts my back", "the bag wears out quickly on the bottom". But calling something "god awful" based on aesthetics and your opinion based off of a picture is not adding anything of value to the conversation. Have you picked one up or observed one in person?

The putter does not fall out of the pocket and there IS a sunglasses holder on the front. You can take it off if you don't like it, but some people get lots of use out of it. Truth is, the bag actually is rather comfortable. It's got a greater capacity than my Lat64 probag and it's lighter and does not fatigue me as much.

And like many people have stated: Is it as good as a Grip bag? No. Does the grip have more features? Yes. Does it have $150 worth of features compared to this alternative? To me...no. To you... yes. It's a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not have $200 to budget towards a bag that they use once a week. You can have your Grip, I'll take my Cabelas. Nobody here is calling it an equivalent to the Grip, we are calling it a cheaper alternative to the Grip.

Either way there is no need for you to come into this thread and bash the bag and offend the people who use it. It makes you look like an arrogant a*shat.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
dukdukgolf dukdukgolf is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: massachusetts
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbuch View Post
Oh, the Grip snobbery. If it looks "god awful" for you, then why would you go out of your way to come in here and comment on it? If you had something constructive that happened to be negative, then by all means share it. "The frame hurts my back", "the bag wears out quickly on the bottom". But calling something "god awful" based on aesthetics and your opinion based off of a picture is not adding anything of value to the conversation. Have you picked one up or observed one in person?

The putter does not fall out of the pocket and there IS a sunglasses holder on the front. You can take it off if you don't like it, but some people get lots of use out of it. Truth is, the bag actually is rather comfortable. It's got a greater capacity than my Lat64 probag and it's lighter and does not fatigue me as much.

And like many people have stated: Is it as good as a Grip bag? No. Does the grip have more features? Yes. Does it have $150 worth of features compared to this alternative? To me...no. To you... yes. It's a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not have $200 to budget towards a bag that they use once a week. You can have your Grip, I'll take my Cabelas. Nobody here is calling it an equivalent to the Grip, we are calling it a cheaper alternative to the Grip.

Either way there is no need for you to come into this thread and bash the bag and offend the people who use it. It makes you look like an arrogant a*shat.
Oh i get it, so only people that like it, can post about it? lol please. If its posted on a public forum people are free to criticize it, especially when so many people love this ugly thing. its shocking.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM
larrod25's Avatar
larrod25 larrod25 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbuch View Post
Either way there is no need for you to come into this thread and bash the bag and offend the people who use it. It makes you look like an arrogant a*shat.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,254
Perhaps we oughta let it be before this turns into a flame war and the thread gets locked. I was just having fun in my last post.

He's got his and we got ours and that's just the way it is. I spose he won't wanna play a round with us cause of our hideous bags, and that's fine. I already figured if I ever make it out that way, Solomon.Trenton's the person I'd wanna hook up with for a couple of rounds.
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
throwfromthewoods's Avatar
throwfromthewoods throwfromthewoods is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,994
Guys. This isn't your first time on a forum. Stop feeding the troll. You'll derail the thread and it will get closed down for good. More restraint than testosterone would serve everyone well, here.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
dukdukgolf dukdukgolf is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: massachusetts
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Guys. This isn't your first time on a forum. Stop feeding the troll. You'll derail the thread and it will get closed down for good. More restraint than testosterone would serve everyone well, here.
why is it being a troll? I gave specific criticisms of the bag. I only posted in the first place bc i kept reading people talk about how its a good option if you dont want to spend the money on a grip bag. I disagree and only from the looks of it and things im reading. Ive never actually tried it. Not sure why you guys getting all upset.
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
markbuch's Avatar
markbuch markbuch is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
Oh i get it, so only people that like it, can post about it? lol please. If its posted on a public forum people are free to criticize it, especially when so many people love this ugly thing. its shocking.
No, I said that negative opinions are welcome if they are constructive. Something about it's durability in your experience, or a feature you've been unhappy with. But simply stating that it's "ugly" and that the putter falls out of the pocket (when in fact it doesn't) isn't really constructive at all. It's nothing more than trolling.

Should we all go into every equipment thread and talk about everything we don't like about products we haven't used? Let's be constructive.
Reply With Quote
 

  #550  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
markbuch's Avatar
markbuch markbuch is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukdukgolf View Post
Ive never actually tried it. Not sure why you guys getting all upset.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.