Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Would like help on my throw

I have been playing for a few years, and would like to have someone else see my swing to improve it. I was throwing into a blanket we hung up in my buddy's garage. Any information would be helpful!

edit: having an issue posting my vid. I have it sent to me in an e-mail and don't know how to get it on here haha
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
put your video on youtube.com
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM

http://youtu.be/3Ckokj0nDKQ

http://youtu.be/8kXnqwFWgs0

http://youtu.be/ovT7Uf31rrc

Fixed it! Three different shots from the same angle. Let me know what you think please.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 106
Your pull line is coming over the top and rounding instead of coming straight through the core. You bury your head into your shoulder which kinda throws your balance behind your heels instead of transferring your weight forward. Your weight is too far back over the rear foot/knee going into the x-step and your x-step is very deep so your weight is moving way back and never really gets forward. Stay taller and lighter on the feet but keep everything smooth and controlled and then accelerate through the hit. You can keep the disc more stationary going into the backswing and work your body more around the disc into the backswing, instead of moving the disc into the backswing. It's easier to build core torque working around a stationary object than it is moving an object. When you go down to plant you want to land on the toes and roll to the heel keeping pressure through the inside arch/instep/leg down to the heel. On the rear foot you should be feeling leverage through the inside foot/leg. Watch the reachback position and how your rear knee is behind the rear foot, you've lost leverage.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Embed, for her pleasure.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:39 PM

Thank you for embedding them!

Standing up taller and straightening my left leg in my x-step, (which is more of a crow hop now that I can see it) has moved my weight WAY forward and put my body over my right foot as it spins. I expect to see a big change when things get a bit warmer in Michigan. Thank you so much for the help!

Anyone have anything else to add?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 46
When sidewinder comes in, most of us typically defer to his expertise
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholy08 View Post
When sidewinder comes in, most of us typically defer to his expertise
He does seem to be right on the money.

Just as a little more info on how far I throw:
Flows, nukes and havocs = just under feet 400.

Eagles, firebirds and rivers = 350-380

Buzzes, shockwaves and hornets = 320 - 340

Cheetah = 280 - 300

Magnets and wizards = 180- 220
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 189
do you hit your lines in the woods? If you can get your head around in front of your motion your accuracy will improve.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 189
I could be wrong (pretty sure Im not) but sidewinder is a woman. Not that I'm saying that matters or anything, and yes she is pretty spot on. I've been working a lot on my form over the last three years and done a lot of video taping/comparing/working with pros/practicing and I can tell that she has done her homework and understands the kinetic chain of a great throw in disc golf.

If for some reason I am incorrect sidewinder I humbly apologize