Disc Golf Store
  #11  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM
BionicRib's Avatar
BionicRib BionicRib is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
do you hit your lines in the woods? If you can get your head around in front of your motion your accuracy will improve.
What exactly are you referring to? I was under the understanding that leading with the head/following your shot with your eyes/head was a bad idea because it keeps your forward momentum going?

I had my throw analyzed by feldy and he told me to keep my head down and stop peaking to follow my shot. Essentially he said to find your disc when your left shoulder (rhbh) comes through on the follow through.

Insight? I'm not saying Felberg is the end all be all in form critique, but he IMO he seems to know what he is talking about.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Posts: 6,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
I could be wrong (pretty sure Im not) but sidewinder is a woman. Not that I'm saying that matters or anything, and yes she is pretty spot on. I've been working a lot on my form over the last three years and done a lot of video taping/comparing/working with pros/practicing and I can tell that she has done her homework and understands the kinetic chain of a great throw in disc golf.

If for some reason I am incorrect sidewinder I humbly apologize
You're wrong sister, I'm just a loud mouthed schnook!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
chrishysell's Avatar
chrishysell chrishysell is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, Va.
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
What exactly are you referring to? I was under the understanding that leading with the head/following your shot with your eyes/head was a bad idea because it keeps your forward momentum going?

I had my throw analyzed by feldy and he told me to keep my head down and stop peaking to follow my shot. Essentially he said to find your disc when your left shoulder (rhbh) comes through on the follow through.

Insight? I'm not saying Felberg is the end all be all in form critique, but he IMO he seems to know what he is talking about.
I was taught that getting your head around allows you to be more upright at release and more likely to hit your line. I guess different teachers teach different lessons.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Widdershins Widdershins is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
I was taught that getting your head around allows you to be more upright at release and more likely to hit your line. I guess different teachers teach different lessons.
Good teachers can teach skills in different ways. Poor teachers can only teach something the way they do it.

Very few good players keep their eyes on the target while they throw. This doesn't make it wrong, of course. It does limit body turn and therefore distance potential.

Beyond Dr. Rick and Ron Russell are their any other great players who watch the target?
Reply With Quote
 

  #15  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Posts: 6,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdershins View Post
Good teachers can teach skills in different ways. Poor teachers can only teach something the way they do it.

Very few good players keep their eyes on the target while they throw. This doesn't make it wrong, of course. It does limit body turn and therefore distance potential.

Beyond Dr. Rick and Ron Russell are their any other great players who watch the target?
Some dude named Climo among many others unless they are going for distance over accuracy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.