Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 AM
.:3X World Champion Paul McBeth:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnasalberta View Post
Hey Paul, I just played my first open tourney today and shot a 65. It was a terrible score. I usually shoot around a 51 on that course. A guy I absolutely despise was on my card and that might have had something to do with it but do you have any advice for improving consistency and any mental game tips. Good luck this coming year and I hope I get to compete with you when I get my mental game and consistency down.

first off who are you trying to impress? when you shoot that far off you average your trying to hard for some reason. you know what you can do now get out there and do it. another thing i think that is a huge factor is being prepared for a event, practice leading up to the event is huge. try something simple like that then you will start to narrow down your own problem easier
Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
first off who are you trying to impress? when you shoot that far off you average your trying to hard for some reason. you know what you can do now get out there and do it. another thing i think that is a huge factor is being prepared for a event, practice leading up to the event is huge. try something simple like that then you will start to narrow down your own problem easier
Nice advice as usual. Again, thanks for showing up here over and over. I think this whole site should or does appreciate you being who you are in making the extra effort. Much respect Paul. I hope I get to meet you and thank you in person some day! You are an amazing rep for innova!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
ouch.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
Quote:
What kind of practice do you do before a tourney?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabuku1 View Post
ouch.
it wasn't a insult by any means, normally when you make mental mistakes its because you are over thinking or trying to impress someone.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnasalberta View Post
What kind of practice do you do before a tourney?
i try to work on every shot in a open field, turnover rollers ect. to get comfortable and loose them most of all work on putting.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Paul, my apologies if this has been asked before, but what are the most overstable putter and midrange in your bag, and what shots do you use them for?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller3 View Post
Paul, my apologies if this has been asked before, but what are the most overstable putter and midrange in your bag, and what shots do you use them for?
S-P2 mostly driving and short up shots

Champion Gator headwinds, skip shots and any hard hyzer lines
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 AM

I'm having some putting issues and wondering if you can give me some general advice... Playing 2 years...seem to be close to going pro except for putting issues...solid from inside 20 but don't seem to get enough power from 25 to 40...thought about slowing down the putt to use more legs but missing right every time now...I'm lost now

Thanks,
CJ

Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 67
Any tips on rollers? What disc/plastic/ weight do you use? Going to pull a weezy and 3peat at the memorial this year?
Closed Thread