Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Like I said, where is Discspeed? He hasn't been on here since December 28. Maybe he's just super busy with the business. If he wasn't a tester, and major fan of MVP, I probably wouldn't have noticed his abscence.

Hope everything is ok.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocthecourse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
"Testers"
Yup. The testing is done long before they get them. Hype men is probably more accurate.
Just to clarify, I put "Testers" in quotes to distinguish the actual testers (Mikes + UPS) from myself and ZJ. I get info and plastic at a different time for a different purpose than the testers, that's all. They test for the forum, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plex View Post
The shock is what we have all been waiting for, don't be surprised if people get excited.
Also, don't be surprised if the Shock is what nobody was waiting for. It's a great pairing between Shock/Volt, but it's not the stark contrast that you'd imagine based on other brands' Battleship approach to the flight chart grid.

They're both tight control drivers; Volt favors the Turn phase, Shock dampens its Turn and favors the Fade. It's two styles of stable control driver -- and I use the term stable correctly here. These are made for the most common course-shredding lines, not the utility stuff like meathooks or meatrolls.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
These are made for the most common course-shredding lines, not the utility stuff like meathooks or meatrolls.

What is a meatroll?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
Looks like Plex caught the ban-hammer. I wonder why. I didn't see anything that he posted that I thought was ban-worthy.

I'm curious about what people's experience has been with MVP's other drivers in terms of the over-mold. Does it get chewed up pretty easily, or is it just as durable as Star or Champion plastics?
I've got 2 Volts in the bag, one's pretty new, one's say 3 months old (12 or so rounds.) So far I'd say they're as durable as Champ, more so than Star. My older one has some severe tree impacts, with no noticable damage to the overmold. It also seems to help with dampening the effects of a tree hit...champ plastic, for me, will fly off into the woods off a tree, the Neutron with overmold seems more likely to just drop to the ground.

My older Volt does have one small but pronounced ding in the overmold, I think it happened in sub-30 degree weather, so cold may make a diff to the MVP durability...but no noticable change in flight, which is still buttah.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Looks like Plex caught the ban-hammer. I wonder why. I didn't see anything that he posted that I thought was ban-worthy.

I'm curious about what people's experience has been with MVP's other drivers in terms of the over-mold. Does it get chewed up pretty easily, or is it just as durable as Star or Champion plastics?
The overmold part is tough and I only have scuffs no scratches. Even the exposed neutron on the drivers seem to handle abuse equally well or better than most premium discs.

I have blasted several trees with my most used volt. Even at full power into a tree 20 ft in front of me (Not on purpose that dang tree) nothing more than a scuff no scratches or any warping of the disc.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 32
Well that is good news. Just from feel it seems soft, but it sounds like it is a non-issue.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Birdie Member

Seems easily as tough as star type plastics, if not more so. Mine has hit trees, touched down on sharp rocks and gravel and the worst damage is a very mild gash. Most hits leave no permanent or flight altering marks
Old 01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Well that is good news. Just from feel it seems soft, but it sounds like it is a non-issue.
I was concerned about it too, not just the softness, but the, what, the delicate feel of the overmold on these drivers vs. the putters/mids. The Volt overmold is thin, and seems like it wouldn't hold up. So far, so good...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 28
I've been playing with all 3 driversin a "test bag"

The volt gets the most use, as it can hold the most lines. It's a true workhorse driver, the other 2 are situational drivers

The amp is used for long turnovers or low power straight lines

The shock is excelling at low flat hyzers, open field distance, and sweeping controlled hyzers

Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
I've been playing with all 3 driversin a "test bag"

The volt gets the most use, as it can hold the most lines. It's a true workhorse driver, the other 2 are situational drivers

The amp is used for long turnovers or low power straight lines

The shock is excelling at low flat hyzers, open field distance, and sweeping controlled hyzers
I'm looking forward to bagging two of each in different weights to cover all my driver needs (minus open field max d). Sounds like having all three will cover quite a bit of ground.