Throwing Style: RHBH
Looking good, keep on working!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 17
So...

It's been a while since I posted a video, but I've been working on this pretty steadily. Sidewinder said something in another thread a couple weeks ago that clicked for me about squeezing your knees together in your runup that has revolutionized my footwork and hip timing. I think I may have messed up the timing of everything else in the process though, what say you?

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Too cold to go outside--this is in my basement. A couple things I see that may be bad are my plant foot and hips opening early, and my elbow not getting out in front with the upper arm crashing into my chest. About the elbow, I always notice a lot of pros do this (Feldberg for instance never comes remotely close to a right pec drill position) but still manage to pull in a straight line, so I'm not sure if I should try to change that yet. I normally get the elbow chop, but with my new hip motion I don't seem to have time and I'm not sure if I should be pulling sooner or faster to get it back.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 187
Try a towel test......you're already pretty spot on with you analysis, From what it looks like I think you are accelerating too early on your pull through. Take a towel in your right hand and when you get to your full reach back and start to pull is the towel still hanging freely? or is it up in the air parallel to your arm? It should be hanging freely when you start your pull through. You definitely need to get that plant foot staggered and pointed in a lot more though, you are losing a bunch of power potential there. (as you noted). Every move is predicated on the next so I think if you fix that plant foot issue it will work wonders with the rest. You are already pretty tight with your pull through.....good job!

Just keep at it.....I'm not sure how long you have been playing/working on your form, but if you had been playing for a while it is very hard to get rid of old muscle memory and to build new muscle memory. The timing/accuracy will come.

Last edited by BionicRib; 01-27-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 187
just watched your first two videos......and the only question I have is...How does it feel to throw farther?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Your rear leg is much improved. Try moving from the rear right of the tee pad to the front left instead of the other way around like you do there. It will help closing the hips/plant. You are way too open at the plant and will never get a good access for elbow chop through your core. You want to turn the hips/shoulders back more as you go to plant more backward and toward the left side of the tee. Your right butt cheek needs to face the target more coming down to plant. Delay throwing until your foot has planted so you can whip it.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Par Member

Thanks guys, I'll work on it and post an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
just watched your first two videos......and the only question I have is...How does it feel to throw farther?
Ha, pretty awesome except my elbow hurts. You guys see anything that might be causing that?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoob View Post
Ha, pretty awesome except my elbow hurts. You guys see anything that might be causing that?
You're not leading with your elbow bent forward and turning back enough with the hips/shoulders.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Par Member

I'm not gonna comment on what I think is still wrong other than to say...I think there are still things that are wrong.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

That looks way better than before! Of course there are always things we can improve, like people think Tiger Woods doesn't work on his swing. Looks like you could widen your reachback even more and shorten the x-step and staying more on the toes and pivoting the hips further back later coming down to plant.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
there are always things we can improve
Hell yeah...I feel like lately every time I fix one problem it creates/reveals two more. Like I'm running around trying to save a sinking ship and every time I patch a leak two more spring up behind me.