Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I am in no way part of the dgcr groupthink, but I do think its not right insulting someone and telling them to go back to what they're good at. this is a forum where all of us can come and give our insight and opinions. and if someones wrong, we troll the hell out of them. and if you are a know it all we troll the hell out of you. so there's no need to coddle anyone. we are all big boys and girls on here, at least a majority of us, so we should be able to take our lashings and move on to the next one.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Mabuku1; 01-28-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeterrbear View Post
I don't really know anything about it, but based on some of the useful stuff in this thread I would assume that the technological issues would be with the 'copter and the life of the batteries and increases in ambient noise.

But I don't know. It bears repeating. I don't know.
Wind from the mikrocopter is another potential issue. If you watch carefully, you can also see the mikrocopter blow up some leaves off the ground. Happens at 0:50, 1:25, and then at 2:00 as it's flying back along the creek.

They actually used the mikrocopter to blow leaves off of the teepad they're throwing from at 1:30.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
I will always defend new013 no mater how big of a troll he is.
Ooooohhhhhh I thought I noticed something like that. It's quite funny when it isn't not funny.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Send a message via AIM to New013
"omg where are we going to find somebody who can fly this copter? oh wait we're an aviation company"

- Flyboy
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Chris View Post
Wind from the mikrocopter is another potential issue. If you watch carefully, you can also see the mikrocopter blow up some leaves off the ground. Happens at 0:50, 1:25, and then at 2:00 as it's flying back along the creek.

They actually used the mikrocopter to blow leaves off of the teepad they're throwing from at 1:30.
I noticed that a bit. I was thinking that it could potentially have some great shots where the 'copter sits mid fairway off to the side to see the disc approaching and then chasing the disc after it goes past, but the extra squirrely wind would probably be quite the deterrent unless the wind is highly localized around the 'copter with no distal effects.

And JTacoma I was just trying to posit a few ideas from the non-logistics. I think you covered that pretty well earlier. I appreciate the much thorough response (the I don't know stuff was to avoid the others, actually. Shhhhh this is in parenthesis they'll never know.)
Old 01-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 59
It appears that the unmanned aerial vehicle industry is about to take off.
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...id=msnhp&pos=1
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 368
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetclark View Post
It appears that the unmanned aerial vehicle industry is about to take off.
In the mean time, some people around here need to stay grounded.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 8
Why didn't they try to film the disc in flight. They didn't need that copter to film that.

I was hoping to watch the disc fly in the air underneath the camera.

Kinda like this skateboard video

I think how they made the above video is really cool
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by netposer View Post
Why didn't they try to film the disc in flight. They didn't need that copter to film that.

I was hoping to watch the disc fly in the air underneath the camera.

Kinda like this skateboard video

I think how they made the above video is really cool
Thanks, these are indeed awesome!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
Last post on this - I'm trying to end the thread derail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
You said I was ignorant and I need to go back to prerubing people, how is that not saying the first thing to me?
Scroll back a couple more pages. I never spoke to you, I just returned the attitude I was given. Fair enough that last comment was over the line, I apologize. I felt like you were attacking me on principle, not on substance of post.

Quote:
I also understand not naming these events hurts my credibility, but I am not allowed to talk about specifics.
Totally fair, I understand NDA's, and even more basic not stealing people's thunder when they've let you in their circle. I'll be the last person to flame you over that, so just say so. I'm not a hater, I want the sport to progress even if I'm not the one doing it. I think it takes all of our work and contributions.

Quote:
I am sure your knowledge of cinematography dwarfs mine, but I will keep trying to make my point and I will always defend new013 no mater how big of a troll he is.
I respect loyalty to your people. I'm loyal to Derek Hastings, Avery Jenkins, and the whole Chains crew - and I got flamed over it in a thread that has nothing to do with it, so I've got no qualm with you there...but you've got to understand (as I do) that if you go in blind on something for your boy regardless of trolldom not everybody just rolls over and takes it.

I'll repeat I didn't get on New's case because he had an opinion, but because he was being a jerk and a terrible ambassador for the sport and the DGCR site to another user for no reason. Please understand me, I'm in no way trying to act like a hotshot. I'm trying to lend what talent I may have, and share what knowledge I've racked 6-figures in student loans over, to make the disc golf community better and promote our sport. I don't pretend that I've made up the information I share - I'm passing on what I've learned from others and from my experiences. I'm a firm believer that you learn more from failures than successes, so take my posting on this topic as an admission of failing, in hopes that if others don't have to waste time making some of the mistakes I have that we can raise the average level of quality of product amongst disc golfers...and if I so happen to make something good then it's a product of my failures and others successes that I've studied.

I'm about the sport over myself, regardless of whatever my reputation is on here.

...and I think the copter camera is awesome. I hope that technology progresses and more stable and more shallow learning curved 'copters are built so that it can be implemented en masse. I think it's only a matter of time, and when it's feasible for me I'll be the first one lined up to get one.