somebody get a welder, STAT!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
It appears he played the four matches consecutively. The first challenger was a D1 forward at Syracuse. The fourth challenger played D3 ball in RI. The second two I'm not sure about but they both got shut out.

He looked like he was playing a real casual game (never saw him play in the NBA so I can't compare) but his footwork and court/body positioning and overall play was head and shoulders above everyone. Just a showcase of the difference. hrmm I have an idea.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just so happened I got to play 64 holes(over 6 courses) last weekend with some highly skilled disc golfers(970 rating(?)). I'd consider myself a beginner throwing RHBH having only started playing 2 years ago, but what's more is I've been forced recently to throw lefty due to injury. So I went from bad to worse, which probably makes me not as good as the average Joe. I think I won the privilege to tee first three times that day. Three times out of 64... and those were all on camp course holes(i.e. under 100') as well, and there was still a lot of luck involved. I have a hard time believing an average Joe could over the course of a round beat a pro. I'd put the odds in favor of the pro winning at 82%.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Birdie Member

That's kind of why / how "golf" ended up being a whole LOT of holes. Jack Nicklaus is credited (I think) is coining the term "par 3s are the great equalizer" as anyone can have a lucky shot (getting to within 5 feet or so), Jack hits to within 15 feet (totally acceptable), Jack misses his (expected) and AvgJoe rolls his in. But "golf" is a series of holes...where AvgJoe is NOT going to beat Jack more times than the reverse.