Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 180
I keep my index finger curled under the rim. My putt changes weekly. I made this clip so I could see my wysocki putt. This putt is about 22-25' out.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
You can do whatever you want with your trailing foot as long as you don't plant it in front of your lie. Wysocki just shifts his foot from back and right to back and center. It's the same as just kicking your leg up and stepping back down near your plant foot.
Actually if you are inside of 10 m and your trailing foot steps forward of your lie before you establish your balance after putting, then it is a foot fault.
There were a couple putts that looked like his trailing foot would have landed in front of his lie if we could see his feet. But since we can't, for all we know his trailing foot landed to the left of his mini which would be ok.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 174
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
Actually if you are inside of 10 m and your trailing foot steps forward of your lie before you establish your balance after putting, then it is a foot fault.
Uh, that's what I said (and what you quoted)?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 12
It's not a foot fault just because you move your off stance foot.

Only if you break the plane of the circle.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyWilliams View Post
I keep my index finger curled under the rim. My putt changes weekly. I made this clip so I could see my wysocki putt. This putt is about 22-25' out.
I think you should putt with your middle finger out.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 188
just curious, have you tried it without the step?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo.diablo View Post
Your nappy beard foot-faulted. No shave November is over! hahaa
Don't listen to him! Keep the beard! Beards are fantastic, and yours is one of those fantastic ones.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 18
Great video. I love Wysocki's putt but I can not tell much benefit from the little foot step. I almost do better focusing on my arm as a lever and not picking my feet up at all a la Lacastro.

Outside 25-30 feet I just can't get enough power without lofting it pretty high. I have discovered that if I go up on my toes I can get an additional foot or so on my ending arc. That doesn't sound like a lot but I clang a ton of shot off the front of the basket from that distance so this little change has made a big difference. I just have to get the timing down.

On your grip, is your pinky pushed into the rim and pushing the disk into your palm? I tried this tonight as I usually spread all my fingers (except index which is where yours is) under the face plate. It felt like I had a little more power but it was harder to pop the disk up level and it kept coming out on more of a semi-severe hyzer.

PS. Is that Ratatat you're listening too? Which song?

Last edited by bfowler; 01-29-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
Great video. I love Wysocki's putt but I can not tell much benefit from the little foot step. I almost do better focusing on my arm as a lever and not picking my feet up at all a la Lacastro.

Outside 25-30 feet I just can't get enough power without lofting it pretty high. I have discovered that if I go up on my toes I can get an additional foot or so on my ending arc. That doesn't sound like a lot but I clang a ton of shot off the front of the basket from that distance so this little change has made a big difference. I just have to get the timing down.

On your grip, is your pinky pushed into the rim and pushing the disk into your palm? I tried this tonight as I usually spread all my fingers (except index which is where yours is) under the face plate. It felt like I had a little more power but it was harder to pop the disk up level and it kept coming out on more of a semi-severe hyzer.

PS. Is that Ratatat you're listening too? Which song?

I'm holding my pinky finger against the rim. This helps when summer heat causes slippage. Hyzer release, with a nose up roll. I went extra wide in my stance in this clip- keeping the disc flat. Pandora mix.

Nikko has better core strength and balance. I'm sure he gets power without leveraging his feet off the ground.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Wow, how can you say foot fault without even seeing his feet? Unreal. If you don't like him, why bother looking in any thread he starts?

Thanks for sharing Bradley. Anytime I get to see a high rated pro's technique it's cool.