Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have no idea what my rating is or how to go about getting said rating, nor do i care. I don't play in sanctioned events and will never join the PDGA. I play in club events, ice bowls, etc. I play a lot of dubs and just base what division i play in by comparing my skills to those around me locally. Why do people get butt hurt over ams, rec players getting plastic for a win? i recently won an ice bowl in the Int division. My prize for that victory was an Ice Bowl stamp Roc. I am treating this as my trophy as it was my first win. Am i required to go up a division? i don't have dreams of going pro, i am 36 and play tourney's because i don't play softball or basketball anymore and just love to compete. It seems like the mentality is that if you are playing rec and are never going to move up you shouldn't even be playing in tourneys. This is what i don't understand. Not everyone wants to make money out there.
Some just want to compete.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingace View Post
I guess you just suck at tourneys with better talent.
go back to cleaning LBJs taint. leave Mr. Sauls alone. his course is amazing. and he has a pretty good knowledge base.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingace View Post
I guess you just suck at tourneys with better talent.
Guess again.

Hint: I suck at all tourneys and casual play and when I'm playing solo. As a course guide I see it as my duty to make my guests feel better about their game.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
Generally, yeah, Rec pays out less funnymoney to more places, Int more to fewer places and Adv more to fewer places. It's still all plastic, and you're only winning the relative retail value. My first place win got me $70, which only translated to 4 discs that probably cost the club 35 bucks (eg, just about my entry fee- and that's for 1st). I don't see where we're getting paid and where lower entry fees and no plastic is going to help anything, unless you're having problems with low turnouts.
they will then bring the 'players pack' cost...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 51
Hey! Me too. ^^
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

missed the time limit to include another quote..

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
That's because MA3 is well attended and we follow the PDGA payout tables.
I understand that, but if the payout structure is meant to go 8 people deep, generally there isnt much separating the payouts from 1-2 and 2-3 and is ALMOST a slap in the face. Sure its rec, I get that, if I want to win more, move up. People pay and play to win..not donate, thats why I stay in rec. So if I battle the hell out of 2nd place and win, getting slightly over $10 more is discouraging knowing that the guy who finished JUST above half is still walking out with something. To me it shows that we arent 'forcing' people to play better and getting into the payout field

Im not suggesting I know what the payouts SHOULD be, but I know many people in my division that has discussed payouts going as deep as they do and rewarding 1-3 (even 1-5) as shallow as they do
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 115
If they're following PDGA payouts, it's not a matter of trying to pay out 1-8 or 1-3 or whatever. It's paying out the top 50% of a division. So if you have 6 players you pay out 1-3; if you have 20 players you pay out 1-10. Regardless, the payout's spread thin and there's little payout difference between each finishing place.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

how many actually follow the payouts? I wish it was something that could be decided on during the players meeting by a simple vote of hands. at least this way the players get a 'voice'
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 107
I have only played 2 sanctioned PDGA tourneys, my rating is currently 906. My problem is I do not get alot of Saturdays off and there are no Sunday tourneys in my area. Do I honestly feel that if I had a chance to play a entire season my rating would be higher? Yes I think I would be in the 920-945 range based on dealing with pressure situations and not worrying about "this is a tournament". Not to mention the only course I have played at in PDGA is a course you have to shoot a 47-48 to shoot a 1000+ rated round at, if you miss a couple holes or worse yet take a bogey its over, shooting a 57-58 means your rated 906 Bottom line, I need more Saturdays off!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 587
The Twin Cities league directors haven't come thru offering any PDGA sanctioned leagues yet where you would have more opportunities for rated rounds on weekdays. There were already 120 PDGA sanctioned leagues worldwide last year even though the program started in March.