Disc Golf Store
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The TD does not have to offer a division the day of the event unless there are at least four wanting to enter it. Otherwise, the 1 to 3 players must play up if they want to play.
Is there an exception to this for woman?

Around my area, I always see 1 woman in a division and it's kind of funny to see her walk up and get a 1st place trophy at the end when she didn't even have to play against anyone.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The Twin Cities league directors haven't come thru offering any PDGA sanctioned leagues yet where you would have more opportunities for rated rounds on weekdays. There were already 120 PDGA sanctioned leagues worldwide last year even though the program started in March.

Yeah have heard rumblings about it, hopefully Solberg does that at Bassett with his weekly turnouts between 40 on a week after the ace pool getting hit to 80 when it gets popped at 479! Guessing slumdog will be the first to do it though
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnoldPalmer View Post
Is there an exception to this for woman?

Around my area, I always see 1 woman in a division and it's kind of funny to see her walk up and get a 1st place trophy at the end when she didn't even have to play against anyone.
(1) TD can limit what divisions will be available, if he announces it in advance. If he announces he's not having a division he doesn't have to provide it, no matter how many people show up.

(2) Absent that, TD must create a division if there are 4 or more players.

(3) But TD may create division for fewer than 4, at his discretion. This is often done with women, sometimes with age-protected divisions too.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
how many actually follow the payouts? I wish it was something that could be decided on during the players meeting by a simple vote of hands. at least this way the players get a 'voice'
For PDGA events all of the TDs should be. This is part of the sanctioning agreement with the PDGA.

To not derail this thread too much from the discussion on playing up, I'd be happy to meet you some time, throw a round, and answer more of your questions.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Ha. Priceless. How would you feel about winner take all in a team format like the VTI ?
That's fine with me since we never win anyway
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Sounds strange (depending on the entry, players pack, and attendance).
It was supposedly legit as far as PDGA guidelines go. I think I got an Eco Mako as my Players Pack. and there were prob 15-18 competitors. but still. 12 for first? 7 for 3rd and 5 for 10th. was messed up.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 1149
Since this has become somewhat a complain/discuss payout thread, this seems relevant.

The only time I've been frustrated with payouts was at the Sioux Passage Open I took first in MA1 in a 23 person field. Entry fee was $40 (it was stated that $10 goes to the club, and $5 to something else, so effective $25 going into the pot). In that large of a field, I'd expect something rather significant for first. $35 funny money, I didn't even win my entry fee back. Guess what first in intermediate got? $45.

I don't think lower divisions should ever pay out more than higher divisions - in a PDGA event are the funds from one division required to stay in the same pool for payouts?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by timj5304 View Post
Yeah have heard rumblings about it, hopefully Solberg does that at Bassett with his weekly turnouts between 40 on a week after the ace pool getting hit to 80 when it gets popped at 479! Guessing slumdog will be the first to do it though
Would love for PDGA sanctioned leagues at Plymouth Creek, Sunnyside and Bassett Creek.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 105
I thought you said you got 1st place? I don't see a Martin Dewgarita anywhere in first place just a Matt Sime

Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOURNEYPLAYER View Post
It was supposedly legit as far as PDGA guidelines go. I think I got an Eco Mako as my Players Pack. and there were prob 15-18 competitors. but still. 12 for first? 7 for 3rd and 5 for 10th. was messed up.
Sounds like it, but it's still hard to say. For example, if entry was $25 and they gave $18 players pack (suggested reail for Eco Star plastic, I think), $2 for PDGA, $2 for state organization, that leaves $3 per player to go to prizes.