#91  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
TheArnoldPalmer's Avatar
TheArnoldPalmer TheArnoldPalmer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Disc Golf View Post
Hey BillyR,

Just to clarify the 30D ripstop is what we use for the rainfly. We use it because its tough and can be stashed in a very small pocket. We toyed with the idea of making the whole bag of Ballistics however the 1000D Cordura has yet to fail on any of our bags. In addition I like the contrast between the two.
So i've read through this thread and have one question...

What is the "competition crushing" part of this bag?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM
BirdmanCR's Avatar
BirdmanCR BirdmanCR is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: charlotte
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 1,761
Every company that comes out with something new will be crushing comp. duh jk

Prodigys discs
voodoos backpack
tacobells dorito taco...ect
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM
j0atz's Avatar
j0atz j0atz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyR View Post
Ok that makes more sense about the ripstop, but why pay the same price or more for a bag with no lifetime warranty? especially when you say you have never had problems with the cordura? then why not warranty it the life of the bag? You can get the new release of the flak for $185-$190 with half the bag made of 1650 Ballistic materials, more colors and a lifetime warranty. Just hard to wrap my head around

I mean, 5 years seems like a good warranty to me...it's a backpack.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
BirdmanCR's Avatar
BirdmanCR BirdmanCR is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: charlotte
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 1,761
Isn't the grip good for "life"?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
sgamerp's Avatar
sgamerp sgamerp is offline
Thanks, Dad
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 80
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,428
I WANNA SEE IT!!!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM
BirdmanCR's Avatar
BirdmanCR BirdmanCR is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: charlotte
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgamerp View Post
I WANNA SEE IT!!!
Me and you both brother.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
j0atz's Avatar
j0atz j0atz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanCR View Post
Isn't the grip good for "life"?

Assuming they are around for life.......
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Meulen's Avatar
Meulen Meulen is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanCR View Post
Isn't the grip good for "life"?
I don't own a Grip, and I haven't read the warranty clause. I would assume they offer a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship, not general wear and tear. In 5 years, a Grip will see some significant wear, depending on the golfer, which the failure of the bag can be attributed to, thus no longer qualifying for the warranty. Also, a lifetime warranty is only good while the manufacturer is still in business. If Grip EQ goes under tomorrow, kiss your lifetime warranty goodbye.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
BirdmanCR's Avatar
BirdmanCR BirdmanCR is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: charlotte
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 1,761
Lol i use the upper park shift best bag for the buck. I had a grip and hate it comepaired to the shift. Would love to check a voodoo pack.
Reply With Quote
 

  #100  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
BillyR BillyR is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
I don't own a Grip, and I haven't read the warranty clause. I would assume they offer a lifetime warranty for craftsmanship, not general wear and tear. In 5 years, a Grip will see some significant wear, depending on the golfer, which the failure of the bag can be attributed to, thus no longer qualifying for the warranty. Also, a lifetime warranty is only good while the manufacturer is still in business. If Grip EQ goes under tomorrow, kiss your lifetime warranty goodbye.
So what makes you think Voodoo will be sticking around, compared to Grip which has foot hold in the market, i'm pretty sure the latter will be around longer. As for lifetime warranty of my Grip and Physical Flight bag they cover the bag from anything like seam ripping, zippers breaking or material being torn. Yes with general where you will get the bag dirty and the materials will be worn however at any point if that bag rips at a seam which you can get with general wear then you can get a new one. People are going to be really pissed with their Voodoo backpack that blows up in 5 years and then the guy who had a Grip or PF bag just gets his totally replaced for free and is walking around with a new bag.

BTW i like how i never got an answer for the reasoning behind a 5 year warranty vs. lifetime especially since he said they haven't had one issue with the bags material.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.