Disc Golf Store
  #101  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
I personally can not wait, And as far as warranties LOL anyone heard from revolution lately?
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
j0atz's Avatar
j0atz j0atz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyR View Post
So what makes you think Voodoo will be sticking around, compared to Grip which has foot hold in the market, i'm pretty sure the latter will be around longer. As for lifetime warranty of my Grip and Physical Flight bag they cover the bag from anything like seam ripping, zippers breaking or material being torn. Yes with general where you will get the bag dirty and the materials will be worn however at any point if that bag rips at a seam which you can get with general wear then you can get a new one. People are going to be really pissed with their Voodoo backpack that blows up in 5 years and then the guy who had a Grip or PF bag just gets his totally replaced for free and is walking around with a new bag.

BTW i like how i never got an answer for the reasoning behind a 5 year warranty vs. lifetime especially since he said they haven't had one issue with the bags material.
I won't be pissed. 5 years is a long time really. There will be lots of new bags and people will move on. Regardless, I am excited to see this...I am already in love with the stats.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,668
$200 divided by 5 years = $40 per year. I'm pretty sure that will be a solid return on investment if you think about it from a cost per year standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM
silverbullet's Avatar
silverbullet silverbullet is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: arkansas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
$200 divided by 5 years = $40 per year. I'm pretty sure that will be a solid return on investment if you think about it from a cost per year standpoint.
or 3.33$ a month
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
BillyR BillyR is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
$200 divided by 5 years = $40 per year. I'm pretty sure that will be a solid return on investment if you think about it from a cost per year standpoint.
Revolution was a fail because of the lack of quality materials and function.
As for warranty, would you want a car that had a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty or a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. No brainer here. And if someone tries to justify why the warranty doesn't matter then you "sir" are frivolous and not logical.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Meulen's Avatar
Meulen Meulen is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
or 3.33$ a month
I prefer the just over $0.10 a day figure.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
j0atz's Avatar
j0atz j0atz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyR View Post
Revolution was a fail because of the lack of quality materials and function.
As for warranty, would you want a car that had a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty or a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. No brainer here. And if someone tries to justify why the warranty doesn't matter then you "sir" are frivolous and not logical.
Obviously you would want a car with an UNLIMITED warranty...but that isn't a realistic thing. Not that I am aware of anyway, never bought a car that came with a warranty (that wasn't paid for separately). This is my last argument post haha...I am just excited to see the bag and don't want to clog up this thread anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0atz View Post
Obviously you would want a car with an UNLIMITED warranty...but that isn't a realistic thing. Not that I am aware of anyway, never bought a car that came with a warranty (that wasn't paid for separately). This is my last argument post haha...I am just excited to see the bag and don't want to clog up this thread anymore.
Thank you. I was about to post this same thing.

As for Voodoo's quality, I play with two guys who have, and love, their bags. Top notch, durable materials. We're playing disc golf, not taking bullets, here. If something rips or gets worn in, we'll live to play another day.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Meulen's Avatar
Meulen Meulen is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyR View Post
So what makes you think Voodoo will be sticking around, compared to Grip which has foot hold in the market, i'm pretty sure the latter will be around longer. As for lifetime warranty of my Grip and Physical Flight bag they cover the bag from anything like seam ripping, zippers breaking or material being torn. Yes with general where you will get the bag dirty and the materials will be worn however at any point if that bag rips at a seam which you can get with general wear then you can get a new one. People are going to be really pissed with their Voodoo backpack that blows up in 5 years and then the guy who had a Grip or PF bag just gets his totally replaced for free and is walking around with a new bag.

BTW i like how i never got an answer for the reasoning behind a 5 year warranty vs. lifetime especially since he said they haven't had one issue with the bags material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyR View Post
Revolution was a fail because of the lack of quality materials and function.
As for warranty, would you want a car that had a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty or a lifetime unlimited mileage warranty. No brainer here. And if someone tries to justify why the warranty doesn't matter then you "sir" are frivolous and not logical.
I am no longer surprised that discussions are taken to the extreme here on DGCR, I should have learned this long ago. When the seam on your Grip blows out in five years after heavy wear, please copy me on the back-and-forth emails from Grip with regards to product replacement. I don't doubt the fact that they produce a top notch product, with top notch service. At some point, however, the lifetime warranty can no longer be granted as the bag has deteriorated from general use. If Grip is actually willing to replace a bag, no questions asked, I can't forsee them staying in business for the long haul.
Reply With Quote
 

  #110  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Meulen's Avatar
Meulen Meulen is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0atz View Post
Obviously you would want a car with an UNLIMITED warranty...but that isn't a realistic thing. Not that I am aware of anyway, never bought a car that came with a warranty (that wasn't paid for separately). This is my last argument post haha...I am just excited to see the bag and don't want to clog up this thread anymore.
I'm with you. I look forward to seeing some pictures in the coming weeks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.