Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
The question is where each of these three discs maintain stability without getting flippy. This is my guess without trying any of them but based on reading people's comments (I lurk a lot):

Amp: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 300

Volt: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 350

Shock: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 400

I take it that there is some variance within each disc, but this seems to be the projected path with each disc.

ZJ, Mike, and others who have thrown these discs, would you agree with that assessment?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Companies grow. They make choices that don't suit 100% of their market. If you expect any manufacturer to make every exact disc you want, when you want...don't. but sure, you can always come rage on a forum, cuz that's what it's for.
Companies also need to hear from their customers to find out why they aren't buying certain Discs. And I'm not the only one disappointed by them rushing out the amp and shock, I guarantee the amp and shock together won't match the volt sales numbers till at least the end of next season if ever. They had always taken plenty of time to perfect all of their discs until these last 2.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
Companies also need to hear from their customers to find out why they aren't buying certain Discs. And I'm not the only one disappointed by them rushing out the amp and shock, I guarantee the amp and shock together won't match the volt sales numbers till at least the end of next season if ever. They had always taken plenty of time to perfect all of their discs until these last 2.
So you know exactly how long they've been working on the Shock and Amp? Please enlighten us..
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
How do you know how long they took to "perfect" the Amp and the Shock? How do you know they were not developed during the same period as the Volt?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 19
Haha, same wavelength UPS!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

These drivers were in development as a set for over a year before the name VOLT was public. There's simply no good reason to publicize or build hype around developments that aren't yet actionable -- I'll let other DG marketing campaigns prove that

Glad people are enjoying our video... I'm pleased for our first effort. Thanks y'all!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
What MVP has been able to do with the same core, and three slightly different overmolds for three drivers is amazing. A little tweak in shape here, a little change in PLH there, and boom. You have three different discs for three different needs.

After seeing DN's video, I want a Shock now...even though I already have an Avenger that I never throw.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
The question is where each of these three discs maintain stability without getting flippy. This is my guess without trying any of them but based on reading people's comments (I lurk a lot):

Amp: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 300

Volt: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 350

Shock: Stable (thrown flat with no hyzer) up to 400

I take it that there is some variance within each disc, but this seems to be the projected path with each disc.

ZJ, Mike, and others who have thrown these discs, would you agree with that assessment?
I have no amp or shock experience, but in my 2 weeks of volt use 175 pink, it was not able to be thrown flat 350 without quite a bit of turn. I need a bit of hyzer to achieve a shot like that. Maybe my experience is different from others, just my 2 pennies
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 30
Huge thanks to Disc Nation for that video, easily the best disc golf related video I have ever seen and I'm not even really interested in a Shock.

Only thing that would have made it better would be to put a 300' thrower in there as well so a larger portion of your customer base can see how the discs will fly for them. Seeing the comparisons at different skill levels would be incredible.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcstradamus View Post
Huge thanks to Disc Nation for that video,.........

Only thing that would have made it better would be to put a 300' thrower in there as well so a larger portion of your customer base can see how the discs will fly for them. Seeing the comparisons at different skill levels would be incredible.
I second this