Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Microfiber towel cleaning

Okay, so how do you guys clean microfiber towels? DG companies have been hawking them since they're so much cheaper than 100% cotton terry towels. But, we all know by now that they are leaf/stick/debris magnets. you drop it once onto the ground, and its covered with junk. Prevents us from hanging it from the side of our bags. How do you guys clean all the crap off of them?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
excellent question!

painstakingly, by hand - I hate it.

I keep my towel clipped to a belt loop. Last fall, I threw a really bad tee shot,into thick weedy garbage - took off immediatley humping through the weeds while I still had a really good bead on where it entered the mess. When I emerged, I had the disc , but the towel was completely ruined. One look and I knew I'd never come close to getting all that crap out of it.

I've gone to using Innova's dewfly and a larger version of same material I got from REI. Not quite as absorbent as some microfibers, but it works pretty well. Best part is it doesn't act like vegetative velcro - slipperyest towel out there - not much sticks to it. I keep a microfiber in my bag as a back-up.

Would love to know if anyone has a good solution for cleaning plant matter from microfiber.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 02-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 813
I just run them through the washing machine then pick out anything that's left afterward.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
^ Mash plays better than I do... doesn't spend as much time in the serious brush looking for errant drives.
My towels come out of the wash with plenty left to pick off - more than I want to deal with.

I'd rather use the dewfly.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Par Member

12 packs at sams's club for 14$, use em till they get bad, and use em as rags for other stuff once they get too scratchy. Dropping em on the ground just ruins my day.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.8
Courses Played: 153
Throwing Style: LHBH
Any chance that real chamois doesn't eat vegetation and is functional in wet weather?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
^ Mash plays better than I do... doesn't spend as much time in the serious brush looking for errant drives.
My towels come out of the wash with plenty left to pick off - more than I want to deal with.

I'd rather use the dewfly.
Ha, I do also keep the microfiber inside the bag. Cotton towels stay on the outside of the bag or on my belt to wipe off mud and other junk, then the microfiber comes out only when I'm stationary to finish the drying process so they don't get terribly full of stuff.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
painstakingly, by hand - I hate it.

I keep my towel clipped to a belt loop. Last fall, I threw a really bad tee shot,into thick weedy garbage - took off immediatley humping through the weeds while I still had a really good bead on where it entered the mess. When I emerged, I had the disc , but the towel was completely ruined. One look and I knew I'd never come close to getting all that crap out of it.

I've gone to using Innova's dewfly and a larger version of same material I got from REI. Not quite as absorbent as some microfibers, but it works pretty well. Best part is it doesn't act like vegetative velcro - slipperyest towel out there - not much sticks to it. I keep a microfiber in my bag as a back-up.

Would love to know if anyone has a good solution for cleaning plant matter from microfiber.
whats the towel from REI called? I may just have to go there and get some.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Squishy View Post
12 packs at sams's club for 14$, use em till they get bad, and use em as rags for other stuff once they get too scratchy. Dropping em on the ground just ruins my day.
This. Working at a paintball field we have hundreds of Micros and this is how we obtain them. Throwing them in the wash works pretty well at getting the stuff off them, but I believe that there is also a certain type of micro that doesn't pick up stuff.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Ha, I do also keep the microfiber inside the bag.
This.

I don't know why guys drag their towels around. I keep mine in the bag too. I use the Costco ones, wait until I have a bunch of dirty ones, and throw them in the wash with hot water, and a little bleach. They come out nice and clean.

Edit: LoPan, your new avatar is sweet.