Old 02-02-2013, 02:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomuted View Post
I'm taking this viewpoint:

These three discs operate as 1 disc in 3 different states of wear. The Shock is fresh, the Volt is worn, and the Amp is beat.

I think from watching Mike's videos, along with the Disc Nation video, this is fairly obvious.
Thank you!!

For that matter any disc will behave differently at different power levels. guess what you only have one power level. yours. get it!! all three may not work for everyone. the volt seems to be the workhorse of the group but i can tell based on the solf comparisons the shock is all but bagged.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
I'm going to assume that it'd be easier to make a FB-esque disc than a DD.
Why is that?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
For me, I'm thinking Volt/Shock will be analogous to Eagle/Teebird. There's been a lot of discussion on here about how they are totally different discs, but at my power/skill level the Volt is really a longer Eagle. Not exactly the same, mind you, but similar enough that I can comfortably draw that comparision. I just don't have the power that guys like Mike C have...so for that, I think the Shock may be a 0 turn driver for me, and I like that a lot.

I also like that MVP is thinking of the casual or intermediate players. They get most of their business from us forum trolls (I would assume) but I am perfectly comfortable giving a new player and Amp, Axis and Anode and watching them have fun. When they get a little better, I could see them easily picking up a Volt and/or Shock, a Vector and an Ion and having a really complete bag, plus the coolest looking discs amongst the new chuckers at the course. I think this is wise from MVP.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomuted View Post
I'm taking this viewpoint:

These three discs operate as 1 disc in 3 different states of wear. The Shock is fresh, the Volt is worn, and the Amp is beat.

I think from watching Mike's videos, along with the Disc Nation video, this is fairly obvious.
I wonder if anybody has beat in a Volt enough to compare in to am Amp yet.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I wonder if anybody has beat in a Volt enough to compare in to am Amp yet.
I have my main Volt that I throw the most (its an ace disc, after all) and I do throw it a lot. Its hit many trees, skidded acorss pavement, hit poles and (once) chains. I've had it since they first came out, so I would say its well beat in. Its got much more turn on it than my two fresher Volts, but I would not compare it to aNy of the Amps I've thrown. The Amps, for me, were understable. My well-used Volt does have turn, but isn't what I would call US at all. Still very neutral, but great for shot-shaping if that makes sense.

I'll put it this way: I can still forehand my Volt with confidence...I am not comfortable forehanding an Amp without turning it into a roller or losing control of my shot.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Why is that?
Having to come up with an entirely new core, plus trying to figure out the wing. They can either go a couple ways with it that I see, have roughly the same amount of core in the wing as with their current drivers, and then lighten up their overmold a little bit and make the rest of the wing out of it, but that = less gyroscopic. OR they can make a majority of the wing core and only have the last bit of it overmold, but that means there is also more core weight = less gyroscopic. The latter of the two seems like it would be more gyroscopic of them tho.

Apposed to creating another OS FW driver when all I would think they would need to do is make it more concave of a wing and drop the PLH. (obviously it would be more than just that, but that's essentially what they'd have to do)
Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

I guess I will buy this
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
If you want a bright color for the winter months I strongly advise yellow since it glowed through the snow pretty much. The pink was almost impossible to find. Yellow and Pink are a great combination but I would say yellow for the winter. I can't wait to pick up a shock. Any specific weight people are liking?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
How would a hot pink disc be impossible to find? I don't play where it snows, so I'm curious.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

he probably has that pale pink.. otherwise theres not much excuse.

i will say that my mvp drivers seem to slide under the snow every damn time though..