Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 38
Question Disc Valuation Methodology Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnavas View Post
What are you ughing about?
Probably the ebay qoutes guy. lol no wonder the marketplace has been on the decline lately. All I see is price gouging everywhere.
I think the other guy has ebay stock or something and is trying to get more ebay activity... not realizing around here we frown on price gouging and like trades.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Par Member

Nevermind my nonsense above please. Apologies to anyone who I may have offended.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Marketplace Guru

Courses Played: 243
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwheels View Post
Probably the ebay qoutes guy. lol no wonder the marketplace has been on the decline lately. All I see is price gouging everywhere.
I think the other guy has ebay stock or something and is trying to get more ebay activity... not realizing around here we frown on price gouging and like trades.
^second.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: LHBH
Third'd - sad to say but I am over the MP

anyone want a gator for 250+? go fly a kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
^second.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj29274 View Post
Third'd - sad to say but I am over the MP

anyone want a gator for 250+? go fly a kite
3rd, When I see a 11X Teebird (NOT KC) listed at 48$, I know its time to stop.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 105
Its cheaper to buy on ebay now than this marketplace or disc collector exchange and the original disc collector groups on facebook
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: LHBH
yup, and I hate facebook and ebay

oh well, gives me more time to play! (once the snow melts)

I am saving my loot for the Memorial flymart and Saturday too! (great deals from reasonable vendors)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apdrvya View Post
^second.
It's hard to understand why you would want sellers of discs to be uninformed. I'm just recording what I see and sharing what I find. I believe its naive to think someone else is not keeping track of prices on EBAY and not sharing it. What could someone do with that information?

I think you are using the term "Price Gouging" incorrectly. There is not a monopoly operating and discs are not a necessity that you can not live with out. What an individual thinks is fair price does not govern what the item should sell at. The market (many individuals) for discs determines the price. What is happening in the MP is a leveling. The prices are becoming more comparable to a bigger market.

I do not have any connection EBAY but I do think buyers and sellers should try to do business in a fair market. If you are buying a disc from an uninformed seller, you get a great deal. Good for you! But what if you are that seller? After all the name of this thread is "What is this Disc Worth" and not "What Would You Pay for this Disc."
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
It's hard to understand why you would want sellers of discs to be uninformed. I'm just recording what I see and sharing what I find. I believe its naive to think someone else is not keeping track of prices on EBAY and not sharing it. What could someone do with that information?

I think you are using the term "Price Gouging" incorrectly. There is not a monopoly operating and discs are not a necessity that you can not live with out. What an individual thinks is fair price does not govern what the item should sell at. The market (many individuals) for discs determines the price. What is happening in the MP is a leveling. The prices are becoming more comparable to a bigger market.

I do not have any connection EBAY but I do think buyers and sellers should try to do business in a fair market. If you are buying a disc from an uninformed seller, you get a great deal. Good for you! But what if you are that seller? After all the name of this thread is "What is this Disc Worth" and not "What Would You Pay for this Disc."
I can only speak for myself but I believe the point some of us are trying to make is that we believe that ebay prices are way too high (often fed by schill bidding) and therefore are irrelevant here. If you think the ebay prices are ok then you buy things from there. Some of us here disagree, that's why we buy from the marketplace. We like to use past sales or purchases that we have actually made as a fair price reference.

Many time you will find discs selling on ebay for 20-30 dollars plus shipping that are currently in production, in stock and for sale for about 13 dollars on other known disc retail sites. Look at the new innova pro shop pro rhyno's as a current example. Heck there was a guy trying to sell one in our marketplace for $25 lol. Most of us here would say the disc is worth the 13 dollars that it is selling for retail is it's worth if new. If used it's value would be even less.

Regardless ebay is direct competition to our marketplace and there is even good ole rule #5 that states "No eBay links/auction listings."

Mr. Anderson, let's look at some of the discs you throw. I see you throw ti plastic. Would you say ti wasp is worth $50 -100? Probably not but I can find ebay info that shows ti discs selling for that range. Do you see now the point I am trying to make. Regardless of if you do or not ti plastic molds can be found for around 16-18 bucks at many retailers and etailers. I sold some new ti discs for 13-15 shipped, that was a fair price.

I am not trying to be rude or discourteous toward you. I am trying to help you better understand how things work around here. There are many reasons this site is great... sweet plastic at fair prices and the ability to trade a disc that doesn't work for you for something else that maybe does.

I do like the price comparison format charts that you offer, just don't agree with your source of the data you put in those boxes. Could you try one with current sale prices from here (our marketplace)? It would be more accurate.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 54
Also on the whole mr anderson dilemma, sometimes your price charts don't reflect the disc very well. Weight, color, pearliness, condition, etc all factor heavily into a discs worth. Your charts just kind of jump around on all of that, so it leaves the seller to figure out which price to choose from and obviously the uninformed will choose from the higher prices. That leads to price spikes in the MP to some degree. I mean I guess it is helpful as a start but it would be more helpful if you could tell from experience. There are just too many variables and too small of a data set for your charts to work effectively.