Old 02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sometimes dead threads should stay dead.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggzart View Post
Who would bother? You're a disc golf nobody. Dave WANTED me to film his bag, moron!
Hmm, you sound stable and very sane.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Since we're all here, I may as well say this;

No disc golfer's bag should be a secret. Who cares if people look at what you throw? Pros should EXPECT people to be curious about their bags, and they should be glad to show their discs off.
A pro's bag is private property. If they want to share it, fine. If not, that's their prerogative.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
A pro's bag is private property. If they want to share it, fine. If not, that's their prerogative.

That is not how it should be. I don't agree that pros should be able to hide their discs if they want to. To me, if you're hiding something, you're doing something you shouldn't. Just my opinion, of course.

If you're playing casual, it's one thing. Any player in a tourney should be willing to show all their discs if requested.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Eagle Member

you're a disc golf nobody....and i'm a disc golf nobody with a camera....what the hell man?? has this guy been re-reading this thread since he created it just waiting for the day to come where he'd revive it from the dead and slam everyone??
Old 02-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by codus1984 View Post
you're a disc golf nobody....and i'm a disc golf nobody with a camera....what the hell man?? has this guy been re-reading this thread since he created it just waiting for the day to come where he'd revive it from the dead and slam everyone??

"I got you good you F**KER...stoopid rookie!" (said in my best Farva voice)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Eagle Member

now that i've experienced this thread...i remeber a post i had on a bmx board 8 years ago...i'm go there and quote people's responses and put all of em on blast!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by codus1984 View Post
now that i've experienced this thread...i remeber a post i had on a bmx board 8 years ago...i'm go there and quote people's responses and put all of em on blast!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
That is not how it should be. I don't agree that pros should be able to hide their discs if they want to. To me, if you're hiding something, you're doing something you shouldn't. Just my opinion, of course.

If you're playing casual, it's one thing. Any player in a tourney should be willing to show all their discs if requested.
This thread is about a video of Dave's bag, not a potential rule violation.

Hiding something? Just because someone isn't cool with you drooling over their plastic doesn't mean they're carrying illegal discs. If you think they're throwing an illegal disc (too firm, overweight, hole/crack in the flightplate), confront them about it during the round. If you're unsatisfied with how things are resolved, inform the TD and let them handle their responsibility. Outside of a tournament round, it's none of your business.

We're quite lucky to have such close contact to pros. We need to remember that they aren't obligated to bend over backwards for us though.

Last edited by tbird888; 02-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
This thread is about a video of Dave's bag, not a potential rule violation.

Hiding something? Just because someone isn't cool with you drooling over their plastic doesn't mean they're carrying illegal discs. If you think they're throwing an illegal disc (too firm, overweight, hole/crack in the flightplate), confront them about it during the round. If you're unsatisfied with how things are resolved, inform the TD and let them handle their responsibility. Outside of a tournament round, it's none of your business.

We're quite lucky to have such close contact to pros. We need to remember that they aren't obligated to bend over backwards for us though.
This thread should have stayed dead, but like I said...while we're here...

I just typed a long response, then deleted it. Let's just say I basically agree with you, and I did not mean to imply that there was a rule violation. Personally, I would love to show off my bag to anyone wanting to see it. Especially if I was a pro. But, apparently not everyone feels the same way.