Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
CFD fearless in the wind.
played a double tourny yesterday. it was just windy enough to start affecting disc flight. couple holes in particular, other players were throwing their destroyers, and getting sucked into big turns in the headwind, putting them in a tree grove and off any real line. in the practice round i tried to throw my sword off the T and that too flipped into the grove. both rounds i threw the 168 cfd straight down the middle and it flew completely and totally unaffected by the wind.
big props to CFD, my baby
Old 02-03-2013, 05:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 123
Threw a domey "Champ" one...I guess C-line. Flew like an old XL I had and held a perfect slow anhyzer and slid up to the pin. Its owner had 3 or so others and it seemed as though you can probably find them from moderately overstable to fairly understable by looking at the shape.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot_er View Post
Threw a domey "Champ" one...I guess C-line. Flew like an old XL I had and held a perfect slow anhyzer and slid up to the pin. Its owner had 3 or so others and it seemed as though you can probably find them from moderately overstable to fairly understable by looking at the shape.
yea my pearly one is OS and my bubbled is a Neutreal beam.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
I just got two C-FDs in the mail. Beautiful, bright discs in the same "Totem Teebird" blend of Champ, with the same crazy pearly spot on one part of the wing, but I digress.

My question is, what constitutes "flat" for the FD? My S-FDs are really domey, FDs are a domey mold. Are the flat ones..
-super flat?
-flat firebird flat??
-or just a lot less domey than the S-FDs?

Mine are a lot less domey than the S-FD's. The PLH is a tick higher on the C-Lines.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
They're not firebird flat but noticeable flatter than any of the others. Mine was uber stiff and flew like a flat cal teebird.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
played a double tourny yesterday. it was just windy enough to start affecting disc flight. couple holes in particular, other players were throwing their destroyers, and getting sucked into big turns in the headwind, putting them in a tree grove and off any real line. in the practice round i tried to throw my sword off the T and that too flipped into the grove. both rounds i threw the 168 cfd straight down the middle and it flew completely and totally unaffected by the wind.
Sounds like mine - very good into a headwind, especially for 168 grams.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
Can't attest to this. That disc certainly saved us some strokes and we only won buy two so you could say it saved the day ;-) (like every other disc....). Buying one tomarrow on my way down!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Cool, I can't wait to take 'em out for a round.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Can't attest to this. That disc certainly saved us some strokes and we only won buy two so you could say it saved the day ;-) (like every other disc....). Buying one tomarrow on my way down!
Lol. * CAN (not Can't). I indeed can attest. damn I pad. Still prolly buying a pair of these beatches tomarrow.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Quote:
Lol. * CAN (not Can't). I indeed can attest. damn I pad. Still prolly buying a pair of these beatches tomarrow.
ha, i saw the cfd i picked for you was sold from marshall, so i thought for a second you had ordered it and played a round or something.
i got a white, prob clear, one coming today, prob wont be much use at nini or buff this weekend but its a summer backup.