Disc Golf Store
Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 817
Throwing Style: RHBH
It's going to take a lot of "enhancing" at HL to make it even remotely worlds worthy. Seems odd that HL made the cut over Rogers Lakewood for a worlds course.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
It's going to take a lot of "enhancing" at HL to make it even remotely worlds worthy. Seems odd that HL made the cut over Rogers Lakewood for a worlds course.
Yeah, a little disappointing. I suppose if they're just looking for a way to hold more bodies, and a course not to be played by the Open players, geographical proximity may matter a lot.

If they're playing two (or more?) rounds a day I can see that shuffling back and forth from Lemon to Rogers might be a little frustrating.

Then again, we seem to do it at least once a year for a club vs. club competition. And, for that matter, this year's IN State Championships are split between Rogers Lakewood and Hidden Lake.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Seems odd that HL made the cut over Rogers Lakewood for a worlds course.
maybe muncie community park wasnt available
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
maybe muncie community park wasnt available
i liked McCulloch when i played it.
i think Camp Cullom or Altwoods would be a closer option IMO.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

i meant to say muenster but by the time i realized what i did i couldnt edit it...
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 111
So are any/all of these sites reliable sources of info for the event and Lemon Lake in general?

http://redrocdiscgolf.com/
https://www.facebook.com/RedRocDiscGolfClub
https://www.facebook.com/PDGAProWorlds
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lemon-...f/245540365526 (the page that has a post about the "splinter" group trying to take over Red Roc and the Worlds)
http://www.facebook.com/NorthwestInd...ociationNwidga

Since the actual Facebook post that seems to be causing the confusion hasn't been posted here yet, I'll go ahead. This is from the Lemon Lake Facebook page linked above, posted Dec 23rd:
Quote:
If you saw the below post please be aware that this splinter group consists of the Svitkos only, 2 people that do NOT play disc golf and they do NOT have the support of any of the existing disc golf community. They are alone in their quest to wrestle control of the 2013 Worlds and Red ROC disc golf club from Brian Cummings and the club members. They were at our club meeting last night and were voted off the Worlds Steering Committee and we removed their responsibilities. They have REFUSED to give the club control of the club website and are hosting FB pages billed as official worlds and club pages and they are UNAUTHORIZED.This FB page is and will remain the OFFICIAL page for dissemination of info regarding Lemon Lake Disc Golf, Red ROC disc golf club, and the 2013 Pro Worlds....I'm Bart Zandstra #11924 and I approve this message...

JayandDeb Svitko
New disc golf club forming at Lemon Lake in 2013. Want to be a leader? Want to just play or teach others how to play? Tired of old leadership and old politics? Want to be part of a club you can be proud of? Whether you're a Pro or newcomer, consider joining us in 2013 for a fresh new look at disc golf!
Now, the people accused of being the "splinter group" seem to be in control of the OFFICIAL pages (as they go out of their way to capitalize on the sites). Now, I know those of us on the outside don't need to know all the details, but if we are looking for info about 2013 Pro Worlds, are those first three pages legit?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

I would say the facebook page is not being controlled by the splinter group since it has current information with contact info for people not in the splinter group
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 591
Quote:
Now, the people accused of being the "splinter group" seem to be in control of the OFFICIAL pages (as they go out of their way to capitalize on the sites). Now, I know those of us on the outside don't need to know all the details, but if we are looking for info about 2013 Pro Worlds, are those first three pages legit?
Old news resolved first week of January. Everything you're seeing posted is legit far as I can tell.

Rogers Lakewood was in consideration but was simply not available to reserve for a week that time of the year with all of the the other activities there in peak season.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

There will be alot of "civilians" at hidden lake during that time too. There will be people all around that lake fishing and a ton of people in the swimming area plus all the picnic areas. There will be many opportunities for people getting hit with discs out there...

Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Rogers Lakewood was in consideration but was simply not available to reserve for a week that time of the year with all of the the other activities there in peak season.
Fascinating! It's true that they do a full set of day camps there, perhaps that would be enough of a conflict to make things impractical...

Thanks for the info.