Disc Golf Store
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Funny, my first thought is throw it, bury it in the chains for an ace, then hang is on the wall as your ace disc that has never seen the ground.
That'd be AWESOME. I landed my first toss with my new Drone at the base of the basket for a $30 CTP last week. That was pretty sweet.

Discs should be thrown, i am not a collector, i do not have a hording mentality. I do not understand buying discs not to throw (other than my backups which if i have to throw them it means i lost a disc)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
How is that holding the sport back?? Disc golf is no different than any other community in that you have a lot of good people with a few bad apples mixed in. This is not unique to disc golf.
If people get a bad experience like getting new plastic stolen, it deters them from playing more, and can potentially lead them to stop playing if it happens repeatedly, hence hindering growth and holding the sport back.

People quitting the game means less disc sales and tournament entries, which in turn means less money going into the game. This reduced revenue decreases the power of the various companies to increase their market presence or to reach out to new demographics.

/Thread drift
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
If people get a bad experience like getting new plastic stolen, it deters them from playing more, and can potentially lead them to stop playing if it happens repeatedly, hence hindering growth and holding the sport back.

People quitting the game means less disc sales and tournament entries, which in turn means less money going into the game. This reduced revenue decreases the power of the various companies to increase their market presence or to reach out to new demographics.

/Thread drift
But those occurances are so few and far between that it doesn't even put a dent in the development of the game.

Back on topic.

The only discs I really have trouble throwing are supercolors. I have a few and can't bring myself to throw them. Thankfully, though, all I have in this category are ESP Buzzzes and Champ Rocs. I have plenty of ESP Buzzzes, so I don't really need to throw the Supercolor ones. And I don't throw Rocs, so I'm happy to just keep the Inncolor Champ ones as display discs.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
For me its almost the opposite. The prettier it looks the prettier it will fly! Oh yeah.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiellx View Post
I try not to buy plastic that is too pretty as to avoid this dilemma.

Exactly!

Cept now I'm having problems finding less than pretty discs...every one I get looks absolutely gorgeous in my hands

It's become enough of a concern for me that I'm contemplating seeking some professional help for my affliction
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP Mountain Man View Post
Exactly!

Cept now I'm having problems finding less than pretty discs...every one I get looks absolutely gorgeous in my hands

It's become enough of a concern for me that I'm contemplating seeking some professional help for my affliction
Go on over to communitydiscs.com! Justin has a bunch of "fugly" Vibrams that you would have no problem throwing! Or you could buy discs and mail them to me to throw on a mountain course for a few rounds so that they aren't as pretty anymore
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 20
I have wanted a white with rainbow stamp KC aviar for a long while now. I just picked one up at a tourney on the weekend and then got another off a friend. now I'm afraid to get them dirty

really though I don't mind using them, I'm just going to start using the bland looking yellow with silver stamp ones first.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 59
the prettier it is, the more i want to throw it, the more it deserves to be thrown!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
the prettier it is, the more i want to throw it, the more it deserves to be thrown!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned From the Trilogy

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 70
Whenever I have multiples, the prettiest disc is the one that goes in the bag.