Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
at 75-80% power they cruise!!!
yeah this killing me this winter.. i play so rarely i just wanna crush my drives
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
yeah this killing me this winter.. i play so rarely i just wanna crush my drives
I should say i have not thrown the shock. but the amp and volt work better for me when i am throwing smooth and slow/deliberate.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Inbounds now has the Shock's flight path on its website.

Appears the Shoks has more turn and more fade when compared to the Volt.

It didn't seem that way on the videos, but maybe the testers can give more feedback on if they agree or disagree.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
So you're complaining that MVP made some discs that weren't exactly what you were looking for even though the testers have already said it wasn't what you were looking for?

At no point did MVP say hey this disc will replace your 11x Teebirds, though perhaps as they fill out their lineup they will make a disc that comes close to that stability. Personally I've also been hoping they would take a shot at a straight disc with minimal turn and predictable fade but like you I'm waiting, though I just don't get all the complaining about how the disc you bought isn't what you wanted or thought it would be. How do you buy something you've never tested for yourself and expect anything out of it than what it is?
Well MVP did say it was going to be more overstable then the volt then released an understable disc even less stable than the volt. Right on the heals of a disc that is wildly inconsistent...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 AM
DGCR Vendor

Yessir. The flight charts were uploaded last Thursday. The flight data for the Shock (really, all the MVP drivers) actually came from multiple data sources, one of which being the MVP testers:

Shock Volt Amp

Based on the data that we have, the Shock's flight path is most similar to the EL:

Shock Eagle-L (EL)

Other folks may have different opinions, which is fine. The thing to remember is that these flight charts are updated as additional credible data sources become available. So if the disc truly has less turn and is more overstable, this will work itself out over time. For now, however, the flight data that we have reflects some turn followed by a pronounced fade.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Nice to hear you say EL. The shape of the wing's on both discs are actually very close in style. I just didn't want to say EL here because people think that means "flippy" but for those that have thrown the good EL's they know it has plenty of late fade
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
For the most part I am a big fan of your flight guide, but from what ive heard some of these guys say, this isnt accurate.

I have a hard time thinking this would fly similar to an OLF for ZJ and an Eagle L for others. Even tho mvp's consistency is just as bad as any other manufacturer, i dont see this much variation in flight being a true possibility.

* edit, so ZJ, its an EL with fade????
I guess ive never thrown a 'good' EL :/
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
The profile is close to the EL. It has a flat wing with a rounded blunt nose. This is why it flips up if you add some torque or anny. But it has more fade than the Volt because of the high parting line. It's a really unique disc when you figure it out. There aren't many discs that have that quality. It also faster than an EL, so the 1.1 OLF is really the only other disc that flies like that.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
For the most part I am a big fan of your flight guide, but from what ive heard some of these guys say, this isnt accurate.

I have a hard time thinking this would fly similar to an OLF for ZJ and an Eagle L for others. Even tho mvp's consistency is just as bad as any other manufacturer, i dont see this much variation in flight being a true possibility.

* edit, so ZJ, its an EL with fade????
I guess ive never thrown a 'good' EL :/

Playing devil's advocate, it's certainly within the realm of possibilities that it would fly like an OLF for some or an EL for others as it really seems to fall between the two:

Eagle Shock Orion LF

Even very minor adjustments to throw power and angle of release (nose angle, hyzer, anhyzer, etc.) could certainly make the Shock land in the spectrum of distances & stabilities between the OLF and EL.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
Its actually closer to the polaris LF on the flight chart