Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbounds View Post
Playing devil's advocate, it's certainly within the realm of possibilities that it would fly like an OLF for some or an EL for others as it really seems to fall between the two:

Eagle Shock Orion LF

Even very minor adjustments to throw power and angle of release (nose angle, hyzer, anhyzer, etc.) could certainly make the Shock land in the spectrum of distances & stabilities between the OLF and EL.
Thats very true. I was going off of information from a 600'+ thrower, describing it as close to an overstable control driver. Not a 350' thrower telling me its straight with turn. You can see where the confusion comes from.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
DGCR Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Its actually closer to the polaris LF on the flight chart
Interesting...good point...

Eagle Shock Orion LF Polaris LF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Thats very true. I was going off of information from a 600'+ thrower, describing it as close to an overstable control driver. Not a 350' thrower telling me its straight with turn. You can see where the confusion comes from.
Absolutely. Power handling, nose angle sensitivity, etc. are some of the things that a flight chart will never be able to tell you and where experiential feedback is key.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
I really enjoy using inbounds site to grasp how a disc should fly on average. There are always going to be the variables (usually the archer) that can make the disc's flight a bit different.

I haven't had an opportunity to throw the MVP drivers yet, but when I do, I will not hold them up to everyone else's expectations. I will practice and learn how to throw each disc individually.

Thanks to inbounds and the tester's videos, I have an idea oh how each disc might fly....the rest will be up to me.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
now that i seel all of those on one flight chart it makes it appear that the Shock has the turn of the Polaris LF but the forward fade of the Orion LF. It's an LFrankenstein.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
now that i seel all of those on one flight chart it makes it appear that the Shock has the turn of the Polaris LF but the forward fade of the Orion LF. It's an LFrankenstein.
So bad lol
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
* Ace Member *

After careful consideration I think the only thing lacking in Inbounds' representation of the Shock flight is due to the unique physics of MVP. I'd wanna see a much longer straight travel before any turn (turning at 50' implies unstable HSS), then a later and overall more gentle turn, and the fade is pretty accurate. The lateral movement is a little beyond a flat hard throw... IMO it indicates some headwind, shallow anny, or overpower factors.

I don't have insight into Inbounds' display logic, but I can say for sure that MVP's physics would confound the flight calculators we built for DN, if we were to begin displaying a plotted flightpath instead of staggered stabilities/distances. Not so much a critique of the Shock path or Inbounds' system... I simply think that the "ratings" for MVP equate to different types of line sequences.

MVP's rating system is well in the works though, and it breaks some new ground in charting that I think you guys will enjoy
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
After careful consideration I think the only thing lacking in Inbounds' representation of the Shock flight is due to the unique physics of MVP. I'd wanna see a much longer straight travel before any turn (turning at 50' implies unstable HSS), then a later and overall more gentle turn, and the fade is pretty accurate. The lateral movement is a little beyond a flat hard throw... IMO it indicates some headwind, shallow anny, or overpower factors.

I don't have insight into Inbounds' display logic, but I can say for sure that MVP's physics would confound the flight calculators we built for DN, if we were to begin displaying a plotted flightpath instead of staggered stabilities/distances. Not so much a critique of the Shock path or Inbounds' system... I simply think that the "ratings" for MVP equate to different types of line sequences.

MVP's rating system is well in the works though, and it breaks some new ground in charting that I think you guys will enjoy
Does the flight chart stabalize itself when you get it up to speed?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Eagle Member

I love MVP's discs. I putt with an Ion after trying many others. All their discs feel great in my hand. They come out clean. They seems like have a little extra glide with less power.

BUT, the classification of their drivers seems to be completely different from my experience with them. I have:

- A Volt that I bought a few weeks after it was released that has the One Nation Under Par logo on it. 172g

- An Amp that I pre-ordered with the designer Disc Nation stamp on it. 170g

- A brand new Shock that has just the base Neutron plastic and stamp. 169g

I had already given up on the Amp, but threw the Volt and Shock for a round at Delaveaga early this morning.

If I were to rate them in terms of stability from most stable to least, that would be:

Amp
Volt
Shock

The opposite of what they are advertised as.

The Amp I could not get to flip over at all. Straight to a strong fade was the best I could do. Even if I put anhyzer on it, it flattened out and faded quickly. I gave it to my friend, who ended up using it for short Spike hyzers.

The Volt is my favorite. It seems to turn a little bit mid flight when I give it a good snap. But dependably fades in the end. This is my go to fairway driver now. First disc I can get to go straight most of the way down a tunnel shot, (e.g. 11/24/26a at Dela.)

The Shock this morning was like an understable driver. I turned immediately. I used it to get left to right action predictably on many shots this morning. A couple times I flipped it completely and it just stayed to the right and almost became a roller.

What is the deal? I'm pretty happy with with the Shock and Volt. But they aren't anything like what they are advertised in my hands! I'm afraid to loose my Volt because I don't expect the next one to be the same as this one
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 23
The above post is why I'm holding off on getting a MVP driver. Until the consistency evens out a bit I'm going to hold off.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
The above post is why I'm holding off on getting a MVP driver. Until the consistency evens out a bit I'm going to hold off.
You should keep comments like this to yourself, they will come for you if you speak out against them