Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you are going 5 up. You might be able to swing by Shady Oaks and Rocklin in the Sac area. Shady is about 30 min off of 5 and then you can back door Rocklin (Hazel/Sierra College). Then you could take 65 to 20. 20 will take you through Clear Lake to Ukiah onto 101. Mind you this is all off the top of my head. I was also assuming you'de be taking 20 over to 101 anyway?
1 all the way back will be tough. Mainly on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. It chews up A LOT of time from Fort Bragg to Bodega Bay, but if you're looking for the scenic route? It's pretty. Tomales and Point Arena are some nice places to stop and eat (bakery in Tomales only). Going that route. The only course you might miss is Stafford, but there are some country roads that can get you close if it's a must on your list.
Once you get south of the GGB. 1 is easy to pick up after you play GGP. Another cool town to rest a bit is Half Moon Bay. Then you're only about an hour + from Santa Cruz. If you dig New York style Pizza. Pizza My Heart in Santa Cruz is a must!
Have a great time!
If you would like a tour guide for GGP drop me a PM. If I'm around, I'd be happy to show you around.

Peace!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
5 over to 166 will take you to Santa Maria and Waller. Take 101 up from there and stop in Atascadero, then you can take it up to Santa Cruz and hit DeLa et al. SF from there, and if you are real adventurous take the long way out 128 to Fort Bragg and hit Anderson Valley Brewing Co. on the way for beer and disc golf.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 191
If your intention is to play golf, stay off the 5. Sure, it's a bit faster, but the soul crushing boredom of the drive isn't worth it.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleOfDoom View Post
If your intention is to play golf, stay off the 5. Sure, it's a bit faster, but the soul crushing boredom of the drive isn't worth it.
Agreed.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleOfDoom View Post
What, you mean the course near Harris Beef Ranch doesn't do it for you?