Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
Agreed. Considering some very common bags cost $5-6 when you order 200 units from China this should be much less expensive. Alibaba.com
I honestly feel bad. I respect DD as a company, and I expected better. DD made a great move in going with Latitude to be their disc manufacturer. Innova and Discraft already mold for other "fringe" lines. Emac is a great guy, and presumably now the face of DD. But I don't think this bag situation was done right. Even if they offered the backpack at $150.00, I think people would be more likely to ignore the issues. The limited lifetime warranty helps if you like the look of the bag, and don't mind the possibility of going through a couple warranty claims. But the $25.00 difference from bags made with 1600D+ ballistic nylon or cordura is negligible. And 600D polyester is insulting. Poly is a far weaker fabric than nylon. 600D poly is actually about as strong as 400D nylon.

I mean, it is what it is. I do wish DD the best of luck in getting into the game. I just wish we could have either a better quality bag, or more competitive pricing.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHFH
I've been in contact with Gregory and Osprey urging them to make a disc golf bag. It would be nice to see a quality outdoor gear company come up with a line of disc golf bags. Most of the bags on the market are incredibly overpriced and made out of crappy materials.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahChristopher View Post
I've been in contact with Gregory and Osprey urging them to make a disc golf bag. It would be nice to see a quality outdoor gear company come up with a line of disc golf bags. Most of the bags on the market are incredibly overpriced and made out of crappy materials.
I disagree, many disc golf companies make quality bags for a reasonable price. Grip, Physical Flight, Hyzerbomb, Gorilla Boy, and Voodoo all make their bags out of top grade materials. When and" if" disc golf ever becomes a more publicized sport then prices will drop. Niche sport equals niche prices when it comes to sport specific accessories.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 82
Given the theme of the disc names, I thought for sure they'd come out with a "Money Bag."

Oh, Well.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 813
Quote:
As much as I would love to see a company like Gregory or Osprey or even Jansport put their expertise to work on a disc golf bag, the materials those companies typically work with are not the same as what you would need on a disc golf bag. Hiking bags are made to be light, and sacrifice some durability because of that. They'll last forever with the limited number of times you would set one down and pick it up while hiking, but they wouldn't hold up to the kind of abuse most of us put our disc golf bags through. I'm not sure they would be set up to work with the thicker and heavier materials we would want to see.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
What about a military supply company? Not the actual military, of course, but you know what I mean.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 50
I saw McCabe wearing one this weekend and it wasnt nearly as ridiculous/big/boxy as you would think based on pictures, and he isn't that big of a guy either. Looked like a GRIP bag for the most part.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Ummm there is already one mystery ranch and the golf mahal.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 94
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezo View Post
This -
Are you going to buy one and light it on fire if it's not exactly what you wanted?

Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3NDER View Post
Are you going to buy one and light it on fire if it's not exactly what you wanted?
only if it is 3grams overweight of the published weight...