Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I saw one at a tournament this past weekend in Birmingham. It looked different than the one pictured in that the bottle holders stuck out more on each side and were thickly insulated. Idk if it was a proto or a change in the final product but I liked the version I saw a lot.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
I think that was an earlier prototype. Their lead-up pictures show those kind of bottle holders, but that's not how they are now.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
Bottom portion will be annoying to access for those that throw a wide range of discs per round. the main compartment will not to be unzipped and zipped almost every time you put it on your back. access to the bag with the rain guard will expose the inside of your bag. Where are you supposed to put your things? in the exposed mesh pocket? sorry but I don't want my valuables completely exposed to everyone like that.
As you can see in the picture, 12 discs can fit in the upper portion and 4 in the putter pocket. I doubt a lot of people will need to use more discs than that in 1 round, and if you do, you deserve to be punished by being inconvenienced to reach into the lower part of your bag.

As far as the rain guard, what bag doesn't get wet when you lift it to get discs out?

And I would think there would be plenty of room in the lower portion for other stuff if you only need to carry 16 discs in the upper part and putter pocket.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
It is good to see a company taking features from high-quality hiking backpacks. Namely the waist strap to carry weight on hips rather than shoulders for long walks or mountain courses and the frame for efficient waist distribution to the lumbar.

I built a bag I am quite happy with, but if I was in the market I would be interested in this one. I could probably carry all my discs in the slots and have room for a jacket in the bottom.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 71
People keep forgetting about the golf mahal. Wake911. I carry all the stuff you mentioned and more! When I don't I sinch up the side pockets.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabacus View Post
It is good to see a company taking features from high-quality hiking backpacks. Namely the waist strap to carry weight on hips rather than shoulders for long walks or mountain courses and the frame for efficient waist distribution to the lumbar.

I built a bag I am quite happy with, but if I was in the market I would be interested in this one. I could probably carry all my discs in the slots and have room for a jacket in the bottom.
I'm currently using the Upper Park Shift. Waist straps and all. Feels like I'm wearing nothing. I exaggerate only slightly.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
If you can put a jacket in the bottom of this bag with >12 discs in the vertical flaps this bag might be perfect for me.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOnf-9_iMI&sns=em
^^ video of Sarah Hokom reviewing the bag.

Wow... I really think this is the one for me.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Just heard back from the company. I'd like to share his reply because I've been quickly convinced it's perfect for me (and ManU might also be interested):

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from BHB
The "Floor" of the upper, main compartment is on angle from front to back of about 30 degrees creating a wedge that forms the lower compartment. This lower compartment is accessible via a zipper that parallels the zipper for the front putter pocket. If you open that zipper, you can cram all sorts of items in that compartment. Since the dawn of disc golf bags, there never seems to be a big pocket where you can cram layers. This is particularly a hassle during spring and fall. I always make sure that our bags have a place to store large items like a hoodie or rain gear. You can definitely pack some gear in that space.

You can fit between 18-23 discs, depending on type of disc and orientation, while still having a jacket in the lower compartment.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
It's a neat looking bag, to be sure. The only thing that worries me is the "curved back design." That's going to be a recipe for severe back pain for some people.