Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Will you please ask him if there may be any Westside signature discs on the horizon?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Let us know where we can listen please
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have two shows to edit right now and last night it seems that the first part of the show did not record properly.I still have over an hour of audio but it will be a editing nightmare. Still all in all I hope to have both edited by the end of the weekend. I fell behind because i was sick all last week.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

No problem! Looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
How do I listen to your podcasts on an Android phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, so I believe I am pretty up-to-date with the latest hardware and software.

I have tried loading http://discgolftalkradio.com/podcasts/ into several browsers and the Flash Player scroll bar does not show up there.

I have an Android tablet (Motorola Xoom), and it works in that environment.

Is there a way to download the shows and store them? I do see the iTunes link, but I am not an Apple user and do not want to load iTunes on my PC.....and I do not see an Android App to access them.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
How do I listen to your podcasts on an Android phone? I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, so I believe I am pretty up-to-date with the latest hardware and software.

I have tried loading http://discgolftalkradio.com/podcasts/ into several browsers and the Flash Player scroll bar does not show up there.

I have an Android tablet (Motorola Xoom), and it works in that environment.

Is there a way to download the shows and store them? I do see the iTunes link, but I am not an Apple user and do not want to load iTunes on my PC.....and I do not see an Android App to access them.
You should have an podcast app on the droid. You then subscribe to the podcast using this feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/discgolftalkradio. I know that is how i do it on my blackberry and have not tried it on my windows phone though.

You can also use that feed to save them to your computer then load them on your phone. You just right click on the exposure and then save link as and it should save it as an mp3.

Last edited by Chainchaser; 02-06-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Cool! Thanks....got it working using the PodKicker app. Works perfectly and was a snap to set up.

If it is easy to spot how to do this on your website, I must have missed it. I did a text search on feedburner on several pages on http://discgolftalkradio.com and did not find this. Might be something you want to make more obvious for podcast (and RSS feed) neophytes like me.

Great material you put out! Thank you! It is perfectly suited to listen to in the car during commuting etc. It is much harder for me to carve out the time to listen to the live program since much more is going on at home than is usually going on in my car while I'm driving.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Cool glad you got it. I will update the site so that people know what the RSS feed is. It is actually on every page of the site next to the facebook and twitter icons. It is the orange square. So much to do and not enough time!!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Oh.....Thanks......I see that now - I saw those icons, but did not realize the link to the feed was behind them. Like I said, I am a neophyte at this podcast stuff.

Maybe I am the only one who finds your radio broadcast interesting enough to take with me (compared to all the other thousands of podcasts out there). I guess nothing else has ever made me want to figure out how to do this before. Compliments to your show - Thanks!