Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
[QUOTE=compn;1832794]it looked like a battlefield when i went by it the other day. creepy fog and the forest was GONE. i heard they were making a 'park' tho.

It took them all of two weeks to accomplish that crap. If there is an actual park, and not a "park", I will be more surprised than after a shart.

The land, pre-nuclear, was suitable for a disc golf course. Not a whole lot of elevation, but could have been home to a course that was a cross between red hawk and the monster.

Their might be enough room left in the space for a dog park when they are done destroying the natural landscape. The proposal from schostak construction shows all the land cleared from haggerty til just up to the old psycho ward. Their is room in the rear of the property, near the subdivison, but I doubt it will be used for disc. The master plan calls more for walking paths and bike paths that lead to the shopping center.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by compn View Post
... sorry for the rant, but damn. support your local non-chain business guys. dont shop at walmart.
I so hope they don't put a WalMart there. Hope the company isn't even considering it.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 02-06-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 93
Quote:
i doubt the internet forced them to build brand new stores instead of reusing empty stores.
It's sad, but true that it is much less expensive to build on 'green' undeveloped land than it is to re-use 'brown' land that has already been developed for commercial or industrial uses.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 72
[QUOTE=ringerguy;1833586]
Quote:
it looked like a battlefield when i went by it the other day. creepy fog and the forest was GONE. i heard they were making a 'park' tho.

It took them all of two weeks to accomplish that crap. If there is an actual park, and not a "park", I will be more surprised than after a shart.

The land, pre-nuclear, was suitable for a disc golf course. Not a whole lot of elevation, but could have been home to a course that was a cross between red hawk and the monster.

Their might be enough room left in the space for a dog park when they are done destroying the natural landscape. The proposal from schostak construction shows all the land cleared from haggerty til just up to the old psycho ward. Their is room in the rear of the property, near the subdivison, but I doubt it will be used for disc. The master plan calls more for walking paths and bike paths that lead to the shopping center.
This is especially funny when you think about the vast swaths of vacant land within the city of Detroit. I know that it's not currently suitable for development, but it'd be nice to think that someday that land will be re-purposed and used instead of clear-cutting the dwindling wooded areas.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I so hope they don't put a WalMart there. Hope the company isn't even considering it.
Probably not. Wal-mart would have bought the land first, not leased it through a developer.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Bay City State Rec: Over the past two years the State's land has been scouted numerous times without any results. The park manager assured me they really want to put a course in there, but the land just isn't there. The initial thought was there should be space for 18 holes, but space is limited, so it went down to 12 holes, then down to 9 holes. It sounds like size isn't the only problem. Obviously, budget is a huge problem. They currently have hopes for a 9 holer near the visitors center, but nothing will happen this year due to the budget deficit. The area with the bald eagle's nest would be good for 12 holes, but it is now being negotiated for a boardwalk with Bay County.

Possible Bay City course! The good news is that the park manager is putting me in contact with another guy from the Bay City area who wants to get a course built in the city (a specific spot has been chosen that has enough land to facilitate a park). It sounds like a grant request is being written for about $20K to get this put in. For the record, I'm willing to do anything to help, and when the time comes I know a lot more people would get involved, too.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.2
looks like a new course in traverse?

http://mikelovestc.wordpress.com/
Quote:
And here’s something new: Disc Golf out on the trail. They’re putting up golf baskets along the route to add a little extra entertainment to the trek through the woods.

Visit www.TimberRidgeResort.net or call (231) 947-2770 for more information.
http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/286931
Plans are hovering for a new disc golf course, but it will be another month before the Spring Lake Township Board makes a final decision on it.

Last edited by compn; 03-01-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Birdie Member

theres a disc golf course at mt zion, near the gogebic community college in ironwood, mi.

https://www.gogebic.edu/why-gcc/

will do some more googling to find more courses...
Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Birdie Member

5-hole course in saline at tefft park ?
why isnt this listed?

http://www.ci.saline.mi.us/?module=P...ks--tefft-park

Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Birdie Member