Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
I played over the weekend and it was glorious. I had a fifteen footer for birdie on a hole that I'd only birdied one other time with a 140 ft shot. And on two other holes that usually require 3 perfect shots for par from me, I had drop in pars because the drives carried out so far.

I noticed my hyzer distances weren't too much longer than usual, maybe 20 ft, while my anhyzer drives were somewhere in the 50 ft+ increase range. As the round went on I was getting worn out, and my knee on my plant foot was sore. I think this has to do with actually incorporating the hips in my drive and spending unnecessary energy in my drive form. Also threw about 30 warm up drives waiting for a buddy, so that could be part of it too.

Idk if it was everything coming together or what but my anhyzer shots were bombing compared to before, way more than my hyzers increased. This makes me think that part of my form may be off, like not getting weight forward as much on the hyzers. Or something I'm doing during the anhyzer is different. My buddy shot some vids from different angles and I should have those to post soon.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
Only went about 5 feet..
That was funny. May have been a bad day for me or something, but that was a hoot.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Birdie Member

Keep practicing on that distance but at the same time practice even more on tight wooded shots and putting. Thats where the money is won! I always scored and placed well in tournaments on fairly open courses with longer holes. I would have traded 100 feet of distance in order to be deadly on tight wooded course.