Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Better update your signature! And that yellow font is impossible to read, btw.
Haha you are correct I am still new to this forum so I will fix it today or tomorrow after I decide if d4 makes bag or not. I was trying to color coordinate it and you can read it if you highlight it but I concede, it does look pretty dumb. thanks for the feedback
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 15
A week ago I posted on this thread saying the Tern felt weak and cheesy, but I actually went out and threw one today.

Using a brand new 172G, the first throw was 380 feet, second throw 420 feet, both on really fast, low, straight lines. Third throw was into a headwind and it rolled over and knifed into the ground at about 300 feet.

This disc is much better than I gave it credit for, it is a tuned up Dominator/Katana that has huge distance potential in tailwind and side wind conditions. It will probably get pretty flippy and that is why they released it in Champion, but this disc has value and will probably be an asset to a lot of players.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Birdie Member

It is a great finesse distance driver. I can throw it at about 60% power and send it 500+, perfect for me and my torn rotator cuff.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 25
It seems like it has an extra 20 to 30 ft of glide when my PD or krait would have already hit the ground or faded out. Really enjoying it so far...
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_B5932 View Post
It is a great finesse distance driver. I can throw it at about 60% power and send it 500+, perfect for me and my torn rotator cuff.
Please explain how you can reach 500' with 60 % of power and a torn rotator cuff...

Wait, don't explain, I think I got it. Anyway, I gotta go catch that putter I threw with my off hand last week, in a 100 km/h headwind/hurricane, my gps says it's on its way back from Japan.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
Please explain how you can reach 500' with 60 % of power and a torn rotator cuff...

Wait, don't explain, I think I got it. Anyway, I gotta go catch that putter I threw with my off hand last week, in a 100 km/h headwind/hurricane, my gps says it's on its way back from Japan.
Easy to explain...he would be throwing 900 ft at 100% with a healthy shoulder...after not playing for 18 years.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Easy to explain...he would be throwing 900 ft at 100% with a healthy shoulder...after not playing for 18 years.
Hmmmm....And this was with new champion? That's some magic plastic!:
Old 02-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 42
Ummm....

Well, thread drift and potential typos aside, I am getting some really good drives with the Tern. Ive also found that my Max weight (175) holds an awesome hyzer. Hole 1 at my local course (Widefield Park) has a huge tee about 1000 feet off the teepad. Hole distance is around 320-340. Normally I try some sort of anyhyzer shot to the left od the tree...which is why I got a Tern in the first place. I was hoping for something US that would have natural turn around the tree before fading slightly back into the Fairway.

Well, the Tern isn't that disc, at least not at my power level. So I tried a shot that other locals do but Ive never attempted: the big hyzer right of the tree. I threw the Tern and, I think because of the added glide, it held the hyzer the hole way. I was pleasantly surprised to see mu drive landed within putting distance. Of course, I missed the putt and ended up taken a bogey 4, but still...

I like this driver. I think its great for intermediate players like myself.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Ummm....

Well, thread drift and potential typos aside, I am getting some really good drives with the Tern. Ive also found that my Max weight (175) holds an awesome hyzer. Hole 1 at my local course (Widefield Park) has a huge tee about 1000 feet off the teepad. Hole distance is around 320-340. Normally I try some sort of anyhyzer shot to the left od the tree...which is why I got a Tern in the first place. I was hoping for something US that would have natural turn around the tree before fading slightly back into the Fairway.

Well, the Tern isn't that disc, at least not at my power level. So I tried a shot that other locals do but Ive never attempted: the big hyzer right of the tree. I threw the Tern and, I think because of the added glide, it held the hyzer the hole way. I was pleasantly surprised to see mu drive landed within putting distance. Of course, I missed the putt and ended up taken a bogey 4, but still...

I like this driver. I think its great for intermediate players like myself.
This is what I'm seeing. And, it is especially that smooth, sweeping hyzer throw that makes this disc shine. I haven't really had a chance to throw it on any open flat land. But on some longer holes requiring a smooth hyzer, I have found myself in much better position with what feels like a very unforced throw...

Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post

People that know me know how far I can throw, been doing it since that late 80's .That's all I need to say. If you want to hate keep hating. Keep hacking while your at it. It's always funny how people are quick to react to something they know nothing about. I have no need to explain my post. I wouldn't post something that isn't true, nothing to gain by that. Thank you