Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've been tempted by the Underworld for months. But I love my lava River. Grrr...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Any recommendations on what plastic to try some of these new discs in from those who have thrown them? I have only a few Latitude discs (which I love), but only in GL. I haven't tried out the opto yet.
Yeah, it obviously depends on what you want to do with the disc. But generally, I go for plastics which are best suited to the role I want that disc to play. So for example, since the Tursas and Underworld are both US discs, I'm going to start with Tournament plastic for them, since Tournament is more US than VIP. If the Underworld ends up being too US in Tournament, then I'll try it in VIP. Conversely, as McFer said, VIP (Opto) makes sense for the Stag, since it's an OS mold.

All that said, the opposite also works: an Underworld is likely to be straighter in VIP than in Tournament, which clearly has its perks. It just depends on what you want out of the disc.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
I've been tempted by the Underworld for months. But I love my lava River. Grrr...
Yeah, I know the feeling: I'm just starting to dial in my Rivers, so I'm feeling a bit guilty about my desire to try an Underworld out. But it sounds like the Underworld could very well be closer to what I want than the River, so Imma gonna do it anyway.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
It's personal preference. I'm most interested in the Stag, and from the few reviews I've read it seems like I'm going to want it in Opto for the extra stability. But I'll be buying an assortment in 11 days just to confirm that.
Wow, just 11 more days - looking forward to these.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

The Underworld felt a lot like a beat River yesterday, but I'm going to test it again today. Come summer though, I might have to make some decisions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pearly underworld.jpg (144.5 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Alcuin; 02-17-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: apparently I can't figure out how to upload an image properly
Old 02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 39
can't wait, thank goodness for a large tax return this year
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
The Underworld felt a lot like a beat River yesterday, but I'm going to test it again today. Come summer though, I might have to make some decisions.
Sweet mother of pearl! I want that!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:35 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Yeah, it obviously depends on what you want to do with the disc. But generally, I go for plastics which are best suited to the role I want that disc to play. So for example, since the Tursas and Underworld are both US discs, I'm going to start with Tournament plastic for them, since Tournament is more US than VIP. If the Underworld ends up being too US in Tournament, then I'll try it in VIP. Conversely, as McFer said, VIP (Opto) makes sense for the Stag, since it's an OS mold.
I feel like these new Westside molds have a chance at challenging my current minimal mold setup. For instance, I carry a heavy, domey Opto Saint among my other Saints. From what I've read and heard, the Stag can fill that role better. I've been carrying a beat-in, flat, light GL River and a heavier Opto River. The Underworld might do the job better than the GL River. I don't carry a super-flippy mid, but those who carry lighter GL Fuses might go to the Tursas instead.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Bogey Member

I am hoping that the underworld will replace my sidewinder. I live in northern indiana by south bend, does anyone know of any disc shops that carry westside/lat 64 around here?

Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 20
All 3 new molds are going I my bag. I have saved space for the 2 understable slots,and the Stag is a no brained. I'm stoked! Whos got there hands on some they can sell me?