Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
I feel like these new Westside molds have a chance at challenging my current minimal mold setup. For instance, I carry a heavy, domey Opto Saint among my other Saints. From what I've read and heard, the Stag can fill that role better. I've been carrying a beat-in, flat, light GL River and a heavier Opto River. The Underworld might do the job better than the GL River. I don't carry a super-flippy mid, but those who carry lighter GL Fuses might go to the Tursas instead.
Yeah, right now I'm throwing two GL Rivers, a 163 and a somewhat more stable 166. I've been using beat Cyclones or Banshees for anything more stable than that, but I'm thinking that if I like the Underworld, I could go light Tournament Underworld, heavier Opto River, and Champ Banshee. That could really lock in my driver slots.

I think it partly depends on how much the Underworld varies in different weights and plastics. Maybe a 173 VIP and a 164 Tournament will be enough to cover my slightly OS, straight, and US needs, in which case I could drop the Rivers entirely.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Yeah, it obviously depends on what you want to do with the disc. But generally, I go for plastics which are best suited to the role I want that disc to play. So for example, since the Tursas and Underworld are both US discs, I'm going to start with Tournament plastic for them, since Tournament is more US than VIP. If the Underworld ends up being too US in Tournament, then I'll try it in VIP. Conversely, as McFer said, VIP (Opto) makes sense for the Stag, since it's an OS mold.

All that said, the opposite also works: an Underworld is likely to be straighter in VIP than in Tournament, which clearly has its perks. It just depends on what you want out of the disc.
True. With my GL Saint, I don't find myself using my Beast nearly as much as I did before. I was thinking originally about picking up an opto Saint as a slightly more overstable complement to my GL, but perhaps now I may get a GL Stag for something more overstable than my GL Saint and an opto for windier days
Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Is Glide allowed to sell these yet? Crazy. Is the "Factory Second" a sticker or a stamp?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 39
Do these have the plus mold thing that a lot of latitude stuff has? The stag and underworld both look appealing to me but not if the have that damn rim slant.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 20
How are some local shops selling these new ones already? Someone point me in the right direction please
Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
Is Glide allowed to sell these yet? Crazy. Is the "Factory Second" a sticker or a stamp?
They came in a box of F2s, so why couldn't Glide sell them? I'm guessing there are no embargo agreements on an F2.

It's stamped on there in holographic green foil on mine.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
Do these have the plus mold thing that a lot of latitude stuff has? The stag and underworld both look appealing to me but not if the have that damn rim slant.
I guess maybe a little bit, but I personally can't really see that much of a difference. There's a gradual slant, but it's nothing like the +rims, which seem pretty extreme to me. If you don't like the feel of a River, though, you probably won't like the Underworld.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
I guess maybe a little bit, but I personally can't really see that much of a difference. There's a gradual slant, but it's nothing like the +rims, which seem pretty extreme to me. If you don't like the feel of a River, though, you probably won't like the Underworld.
Does the Underworld seem as nose angle sensitive as the River?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
They came in a box of F2s, so why couldn't Glide sell them? I'm guessing there are no embargo agreements on an F2.
I just figured we had to wait for those molds to be released before we could buy them... I'm jealous.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Does the Underworld seem as nose angle sensitive as the River?
I couldn't tell enough to say with confidence. I threw it today, but never got off any really nice shots with it. It always takes me a while to figure out a new disc, and I've only thrown this one a few times (like less than ten).