Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Does anyone else feel like Neutron is especially slippery when wet? Obviously no premium plastic will grip as well as base plastic when it's wet, but Neutron seems to perform worse than Star etc. Am I alone in feeling this way? It's the one thing that bothers me about the MVP discs
Regular Proton is slick as snot when it's wet. Neutron is definitely grippier. I haven't had a problem with grip if it's a little moist.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

i dont throw wet discs, id recommend bringing a towel
Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post

exactly-- I found out this winter it actually helped to have a little moisture on my hands/proton as the dry skin/air made them even more slick than normal. Really dont get why people say OH thats slick when wet-- umm DUHHHH. Its like a course review here of the "stairs are icy in the winter time" NSS!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolangherity View Post
Well, if you're playing in the rain....
Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 19
I'm not suggesting that I play in the rain without a towel. I'm saying that in my experience, Neutron is slicker than other premium plastics that I have used in the rain. Obviously you should use a towel, but that doesn't really change the fact that some plastics perform better than others when wet. This is not a deal breaker for me, but it is something I think MVP could improve.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 49
Just to copy some interesting info over from the Shock thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
We have received some feedback from a handful of people that found their Shock to be not as quite as stable as what they were expecting. Because of this feedback, we delved into this information, and have worked to make them a little bit more stable. We have sent a new batch of Shocks to our testers for their feedback. We are confident to say that all future runs will be consistently as stable as what the testers will find these to be.

Thank you all for your feedback as we work to continue improving our products in every aspect possible.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 60
My volt flew amazingly all weekend and was a big part of me crushing the entire field in a singles tourney (beat open by 2 and my division by 15) and the next day took second of about ten teams in a doubles tourney with 50 mph winds. The volt really holds up well in all but a huge headwind, and is amazing for tourney play because it can be thrown so straight at 70% -80% power which is all I have at the end of five rounds. Ask the guys on the nefa forums if you have any doubts; The volt was turning some heads. It's performance this weekends just kicked about 3 discs out of my bag and am ready to buy 4 more volts for practice
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramiecarlson View Post
Just to copy some interesting info over from the Shock thread....
Great news!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

From TD on NEFA
Quote:
Not to be whining, but the weather this year was about as brutal as any year, with average temperatures of 20 degrees and a steady wind of 28-35 mph, resulting in a wind chill of around zero degrees. On top of that, we experienced frequent gusts of 50-60 mph.

The big news, however, was in the Advanced Division with Keith Burtt & Nick Schwartz tying Brian Harris & Jake for 1st place, beating out 14 other teams. After a 5-hole sudden death playoff (in this brutal weather), Keith and Nick won first place. Brian and Jake took the prize for lowest score of the day, shooting a 54 in round two.
The guy who beat us was flabbergasted at how straight my Volt was throwing in these conditions. Thanks MVP. I liked your company B4 but after this weekend I am now officially on board 100%, actively promoting, and just so damn impressed with your product. It really means a lot to have a disc hold up when not only the pressure is on but the wind is up!

Last edited by Menacewarf; 02-18-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 24
Wow, I would be staying home under those conditions! Congrats! Great to hear that your Volts are working well! So far Volts are my workhorse driver.
Closed Thread