Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Hmmmmmmm... So right next to GGGT pretty much. I'll have to talk to Char/Charlie tomorrow when I go in.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 40.4
Courses Played: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
...We need another really big hole 18 course to go in on the Westside...
Actually, we need 4 up in Brooklyn Center, 4 very near Minneapolis, and 4 very near St. Paul. That will get the core (where most of the population lives) served as well as the suburbs.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.5
Courses Played: 586
Then, we could consider running a future Worlds with the headquarters in Plymouth.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 AM
FROLF OFF!

Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
Actually, we need 4 up in Brooklyn Center, 4 very near Minneapolis, and 4 very near St. Paul. That will get the core (where most of the population lives) served as well as the suburbs.

That DON'T all close during the winter! St.Paul probably has the best choices right now just too bad Oakwood isn't a liiiiittle closer though...Would love to see some good 18's up in the North Metro with Ham Lake now being a 9 there really are no large courses between BRP, Elm Creek & down to Bryant/Hyland or if you head up to Becker...

Chuck & Steve- Thanks for all you do for DG and especially here for us in MN. You guys are great assets to DG.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 02-18-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
The problem is that there is no good land in Brooklyn park for anything larger than 9 holers, at least not quality holes anyway. Maple Grove and Dayton still has some good park land available. That is what is so disappointing with Elm Creek. I understand that it is a park reserve and much of the land needs to be preserved, but there is still plenty of space between the chateau and the large playground that is not really "reserve" land. There could be some championship level holes in there. As much as I struggle with holes 4 and 5, I would rather see more of these.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 3
Does crown have a league in the summer?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupet View Post
Does crown have a league in the summer?
Westside Wednesday hits it up every third or fourth week as part of their rotation that includes HSSA, Bryant Lake, and Elm Creek. I am not sure if weekly leagues are there or not.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
FROLF OFF!

Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
The problem is that there is no good land in Brooklyn park for anything larger than 9 holers, at least not quality holes anyway. Maple Grove and Dayton still has some good park land available. That is what is so disappointing with Elm Creek. I understand that it is a park reserve and much of the land needs to be preserved, but there is still plenty of space between the chateau and the large playground that is not really "reserve" land. There could be some championship level holes in there. As much as I struggle with holes 4 and 5, I would rather see more of these.

#4 should be an easy FH for the aceee! lol... #5 really is one of the harder par 3's though you have to hit that long flex line just perfect and agree the rest of Elm really lacks any spread outside a few holes. LOTS of land there like you said and the wide open hills get a little old. those 90*+ afternoons are rough there too with little cover its like a grassy(weed filled) desert.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
League won't go back to Lakewood till the snow is gone. As for s. metro only thing going is Ali dubs, red oak MIGHT start up again soon, but no one is even 75% sure on that one. Kenwood might not have a league this year either.
I didn't even know Kenwood had one, damn I live down near there. Anywhere to get info on that?

Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
It was run by Darnell last summer, but not many people went to it. Most of the competitive players in the state live more towards the north of the cities, so they'd go to Lakewood doubles instead. I'll be talking with Darnell tomorrow so I'll ask him if he's going to run it again this year.