Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Update 6 months into gaining proper form

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

I have continuously been trying to gain proper form. After looking at this quick video that I had a friend take (sorry for the quality its from my phone) it looks as tho that I still do not get my hips into my throw. This was a fairly good representation of a 280 ft throw with my GL pain, It did have a bit of nose up angle on it as you can seein the vid.

I have to say that I really seem to have a strong discomfort mentally with loading my hips more than I already am. Is there a drill that will help me gain abit more comfort using my hips a bit more.

I do feel as I have the timing correct, but I could be wrong about that. So please try and give me some .02 on my throw progress and more things to work on.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Looks better than before. Your weight is not getting forward and looks like the nose of the disc is oriented up in your grip(check grip to rip it, in technique sticky). Your front shoulder should get over the front knee.

Try shortening your x-step behind and keep off the rear heel. Your crossing step is so deep it slows your momentum when you want to accelerate it. You want to turn the hips/shoulder more back going down to plant, so your front thigh faces more away from the target and you can land on the toes and roll down to the heel. Planting a few inches to the left side of the tee, closing your stance will also help. Think of a pitcher's full wind up from an open stance as a standstill drill, you have to close it up/load it up/wind up the elastic torque.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
that video is blocked from viewing for me???

I have experimented with a shorter, more compact foot work and it seems to have more often than not led to throwing downward very low or into the ground; I have weight moving forward but instead of moving perpendicularity it arches downward and pushes the disc down. I hope that made some sort of sense and leads to possibly another hitch in my mechanics.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 106
Blocked by mobile phone probably. Your weight tips over the pendulum and crashes down/over your front hip creating down torque. You need to brace/stop the front side/hip and clear it back so your weight comes through the shot instead of over it. Some bend in your front knee should help as will landing on the toes first....