Old 02-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 26
had my first drives with shock today. I got couple 173g shocks, 2 max weight volts and 2 eagles. shock was quite a let down. its slightly more stable than volt, but it still has tendency to flip over and crash to right. with 80-90% power up to 80 - 90 meters it keeps going nice narrow s-curve with hyzerflip throw. volt makes same line with forward penetrating fade with bigger release angle and gets 5 meters further. if i try to add slightly more power they just flip over and never come back. its really sudden point and gives no warning. its really hard to like these. Vector and axis are much more forgiving and i like them really much. low speed stability is quite good, but high speed stability needs some work on both discs. you really should get rid of "point of no return". amp can probably handle that segment. Now we have winter conditions with snow. at summer i would throw that lenght with axis or vector.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm glad to see that MVP is listening as well, but shouldn't this all have been a part of the decision made by the testers? It just seems to me like the testers on here got their discs about a week before they were going to be released to the public, and all these problems could be avoided with a longer tester period before production runs (I think the volt was a little more like this than the shock was so they could make the changes before they were released to the public)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
Wear a shirt. I like plaid. Squares go nicely with discs. Reminds me of checkers. Not the Chinese type. Chinese food is good. Plaid hides food stains well.
By far the best thing I've read on here tonight.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
We have received some feedback from a handful of people that found their Shock to be not as quite as stable as what they were expecting. Because of this feedback, we delved into this information, and have worked to make them a little bit more stable. We have sent a new batch of Shocks to our testers for their feedback. We are confident to say that all future runs will be consistently as stable as what the testers will find these to be.

Thank you all for your feedback as we work to continue improving our products in every aspect possible.
Please add some run number to all of your discs stamp and tell if some run has some specific change in flight characteristics. It's good for you and good for players to know it. Players don't like random variation. But if you tell that this run (e.g. 1.0) is less stable than the other (1.1) , its really good to know. It reduces bad reputation really much. there will always be someone who likes the less stable run. so it doesn't really reduce your sales.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekko_FIN View Post
Please add some run number to all of your discs stamp and tell if some run has some specific change in flight characteristics. It's good for you and good for players to know it. Players don't like random variation. But if you tell that this run (e.g. 1.0) is less stable than the other (1.1) , its really good to know. It reduces bad reputation really much. there will always be someone who likes the less stable run. so it doesn't really reduce your sales.
This brings up a good point. Since MVP is so dead set against doing anything to differentiate runs how will we know which are new? I've been kind of waiting for a more stable driver and the improved shock sounds like something I'd like to try.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Lol. Prodigy screws up a run of discs, catches it, offers to replace them, and they get s*%t on for the most part. MVP messes up a run, says theyre gonna fix it on the next one and people love it. I dont get it.

Btw, MVP, i do respect you guys for doing that, the above statement wasnt supposed to be negative toward you guys.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
My opinion is that it would be good for MVP to have some bit more time with testers to ensure the disc flies of what MVP expects (preferable in private/secret) until MVP gets it, then formally announce in public with their usual 2 or so week release timeframe.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwingles View Post
Lol. Prodigy screws up a run of discs, catches it, offers to replace them, and they get s*%t on for the most part. MVP messes up a run, says theyre gonna fix it on the next one and people love it. I dont get it.

Btw, MVP, i do respect you guys for doing that, the above statement wasnt supposed to be negative toward you guys.
It's because the people who were about to complain got snuffed out by the fanboys and thrown in a ditch before their voice could be heard.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
The reasoning behind MVP's current way of releasing discs may be financial, in part. How many test Shocks do you want to blow through before you get it right? They might make a few, test them, and if they are coming out close to what they require, they do a full run at those settings.

I don't know how other companies run their test discs but it has to get expensive to keep making discs you never intend to sell if they're not molding up right, even if you regrind the plastic or sell them as X-outs.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichar View Post
We have received some feedback from a handful of people that found their Shock to be not as quite as stable as what they were expecting. Because of this feedback, we delved into this information, and have worked to make them a little bit more stable. We have sent a new batch of Shocks to our testers for their feedback. We are confident to say that all future runs will be consistently as stable as what the testers will find these to be.

Thank you all for your feedback as we work to continue improving our products in every aspect possible.

Awesome! Sorry for the complaining about the stability of the Shock, but it looks like my grievance has been addressed! No more waiting for the Mobex for me if the new shocks are nice and stable, I don't need a meathook just somethin that resists HSS =)