Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
well i'm glad i bought a pos shock. atleast prodigy recalled there over weight ones and replaced them. I'd like a company who takes the time to make and test a disc. Then come out with a new mold every month.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyjahnke View Post
well i'm glad i bought a pos shock. atleast prodigy recalled there over weight ones and replaced them. I'd like a company who takes the time to make and test a disc. Then come out with a new mold every month.
lol. Sorry you bought a first run. POS shock? Doubtful... MVP takes tons of time to test discs and also addresses any issues which their customers feel need be AND LOOK WE WILL HAVE A REFINED SHOCK WITH MORE HSS. Where do you even think to make a comment like the above? MVP does not even have ratings for their discs so what are you even holding them to calling your shock a POS? No one said it would be a monster or flick?

People here are just...
Old 02-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyjahnke View Post
I'm betting MVP goes back to this strategy for their next disc, every disc they sold under this strategy sold well and made people very excited. But when they jumped the gun and released the Amp and Shock without giving the testers time to try them out the discs didn't sell anywhere near as well. Part of the success of the Volt had to do with that long anticipation period where you get all pumped up waiting and reading all the info you can about the thing.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
lol. Sorry you bought a first run. POS shock? Doubtful... MVP takes tons of time to test discs and also addresses any issues which their customers feel need be AND LOOK WE WILL HAVE A REFINED SHOCK WITH MORE HSS. Where do you even think to make a comment like the above? MVP does not even have ratings for their discs so what are you even holding them to calling your shock a POS? No one said it would be a monster or flick?

People here are just...
Don't be so defensive, he's basing it on the fact that the Shock release description from MVP said it was "a more overstable compliment to the Volt". He bought one that is less stable than a Volt, he has the right to be upset. Although if he watched Mike C's videos before purchasing he woulda known it was understable =P
Plastic Counselor

also you are comparing one company who sent out PRODUCTS THAT WERE NOT EVEN LEGAL FOR PLAY... VS ONE WHO SENT OUT PRODUCTS WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE MIXED REVIEWS ACCROSS THE BOARD LIKE EVERY OTHER MOLD THAT COMES OUT AND POSTED ON THIS FORUM...

Apples to oranges peeps.
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
I'm glad I waited before buying a Shock.

*I do have everything else MVP produces*
Old 02-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 12
Maybe they will have a special offer.....like say a free mvp mini with purchase of the refined shock.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Plastic Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmart View Post
Don't be so defensive, he's basing it on the fact that the Shock release description from MVP said it was "a more overstable compliment to the Volt". He bought one that is less stable than a Volt, he has the right to be upset.
Only issue is HOW he takes argument in saying its a "POS shock" I have thrown 3 different weights in 3 different colors and none of them are a POS, flippy or even remotely understable. I also throw volts which have less fade then the shock as well as more glide. Sounds to me like my shocks would be a little more OS even though they may not be OS monsters but do compliment the volt and WILL even better now.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Ty View Post
Maybe they will have a special offer.....like say a free mvp mini with purchase of the refined shock.
I'm just hoping that DGC will allow me to specify that I want a newer run, only one local shop here sells MVP and all he has is a couple proton Axis.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Only issue is HOW he takes argument in saying its a "POS shock" I have thrown 3 different weights in 3 different colors and none of them are a POS, flippy or even remotely understable. I also throw volts which have less fade then the shock as well as more glide. Sounds to me like my shocks would be a little more OS even though they may not be OS monsters but do compliment the volt and WILL even better now.
If you get that offended by someone saying POS it's going to be a rough life for you...