Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hoping to get better.

Just saw my drive for the first time as I finally took a dip into modernity and picked up a smartphone the other day.

I'm able to consistently hit the 360' distance with pretty good accuracy, and the 400' range with quite the loss of accuracy and with getting the occasional turn and burn or poor noob hyzer release, and every once in a while I'll get the ideal, relaxed, snappy and clean release and hit the 450-465' mark.

Rarely do I throw anything faster than a wraith or flow, and fairway drivers are my normal choice off the teepad.

Any suggestions I'd be glad to hear. Just looking to have more accuracy at distance. I normally choose accuracy over length, but I'm looking to gain distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnx8N...e_gdata_player
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 106
Not too shabby. Looks like you are bit flat footed and not getting the elbow as far forward as you can. I'd turn the hips and shoulders back a bit more bringing the elbow further back but the elbow starts further forward relative to the shoulder. Getting a little wider with the arm, and closed stance on the reachback, and a little lighter on the feet for more arm speed.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Not too shabby. Looks like you are bit flat footed and not getting the elbow as far forward as you can. I'd turn the hips and shoulders back a bit more bringing the elbow further back but the elbow starts further forward relative to the shoulder. Getting a little wider with the arm, and closed stance on the reachback, and a little lighter on the feet for more arm speed.
Thank you for the response and critique!

Flat footed through the entire sequence, the approach, the plant, or the release?

Then if I'm understanding you correctly, by closing off my reachback, the elbow should lead the shoulder through the pull and then keep the disc tucked without release until I have rotated further beyond the front knee? Does the elbow initiate the rotation towards release, or do you start with the hips and let the upper body follow, but leading with the elbow?

I take that wider with the arm refers to the reachback that I'm wrapping around the body a bit too much, taking away from the linear force capable of being more cleanly applied towards the target?

Thanks again for your help. Any way that I can gain some more consistency I'm willing to listen to and work towards.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 106
Flat footed throughout.

The hips still lead everything and the shoulder still leads the elbow but the elbow is relatively further forward.

Yep wrapping the arm a little too much.

Consistency wise slowing down a little for later accleration and smoothing things out with the footwork, balance, posture, and reachback.

Watch Will's footwork, knees, and balance compared to yours:

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.