Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Bogey Member

Send a message via Yahoo to billmh
3rd Wrightwood Ice Bowl at Sky High Disc Golf, Sat., Feb. 23

I know that it's normal for a lot of the rest of the country but not for us...there's snow on the ground now.

Might we finally have an actual icy Ice Bowl in the Golden Sombrero Winter Series here in lovely Southern California? Here's our best chance! We would like to invite you to the 3rd Wrightwood Ice Bowl at Sky High Disc Golf, Mountain High North, on Saturday, February 23, 2013. Check in/registration begins at 8:30am and the Player's Meeting will be at 9:00am sharp.

Pre-registration is preferred to guarantee a spot - we have a history of lots of walkups - and the cost is $20 ($10 for kids 15 and under) without any processing fees at http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-g...m/tourn_id/640 . Lunch is available for $5 and can be pre-ordered with registration as well.

All proceeds will go to the High Desert Challengers 4-H club and their good work in the mountain community. All players will receive a custom-stamped Innova Champion Classic Roc or Blizzard Boss with their entry. There will be a lot of fine items in the raffle (Proto stamp and Big Bird Roc3s anyone?) and a good time will be had.

Many thanks to Innova Champion and Mt. High (Joe Affleck and crew).

Questions? PM me here or email at mauryholmes@yahoo.com . Hope to see you there.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Bogey Member

Disc golf! Southern California! Snow!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Bogey Member

forecast for Saturday, February 23

We're now in the window where the meteorologists are willing to make a tentative claim or two, and the weather for the 3rd Wrightwood Ice Bowl at Sky High is looking to be mostly sunny with a high of 43 degrees. There may even be some snow flurries in the middle of next week to add a bit to the several inches on the ground already.

Your task: join us!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Bogey Member

The crew up the mountain have confirmed that the meteorologists are calling for another 8" or so of snow Tuesday/Wednesday, with cool weather afterwards so we're going to have snow on the ground! And Saturday will be clear, sunny and blue (Thanks Joe for the update). Best of both worlds.

The prospects for SoCal's truest "Ice" Bowl ever!

Last edited by billmh; 02-16-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot details
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
just because my last name is Wright, I would totally play.

sounds like its going to be an awesome ice bowl
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Throws only Pink Discs

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 76
isnt the course down to 8 baskets for the winter? i think they leave 2 through 9 all year but these are the least exciting holes on the course. or maybe its 1 through 8. i cant remember for sure. or i could be completely wrong and they put all 27 back up for the tourney in which case ill have to attend. i found sky high at the end of last summer and i liked it so much that i camped there every weekend til they closed the campground. i cant wait til the whole thing reopens.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Bogey Member

Defending champ Chris Horn has now signed up so the battle for the trophy is on. Who will take it home? Could it be you?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 17
NICE! i may just have to come play this course for the first time especially if its supposed to have snow!

in so cal!!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Bogey Member

By all means come and join us! 5-7" of new snow last night with more falling right now. Conditions will remain cool for the next couple of days so there will be plenty on the ground come Saturday morning.

Mt. High snow cam page: http://www.mthigh.com/mountain/live-cams

To all those thinking of signing up please do so online if you can. Registration at DGU closes at 5pm PST on Friday and I know we will have plenty of walkups. Sign up now and it will help your intrepid TD fill cards and get some other matters done before Saturday morning because I know that there will be some unusual course setup to do. I can't recall ever having to shovel snow off the teepads at any event I've run before...