Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think it's funny how everyone throws a putter on almost every hole. This is probably my home course and it's a favorite of mine. Just played it Monday and still love it everything....it was SUPER WINDY, but a LOT of fun. I throw either a teebird or higher speed driver and let it fade into the last gap. Played Monday and PARKED it with a prodigy D1. But...it was in the medium position.

This hole is one that makes the transition between the easier front nine(sometimes) and the back holes. Great course, great people....happy to see this on DGCR and get another eye on Nashville!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
So Darrell, care to enlighten us which pin is in the picture, and where the other pins are in relation to that one? So far nobody is sure and they're just guessing what they would throw assuming it's a straight shot. From your description it sounds like the hole turns.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 27
Well it's in the medium position. I think it's about 240-260. Kinda straight over the hill. Baskets is not visible from the pad...you might throw a putter but there are a few trees in the middle of the fairway on top of the little hill. The long position is more like almost 300' but if you throw a stable teebird, banshee, or wraith (rtbh)flat and let it fade left. I usually throw it the same way every time. AND it's uphill.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 106
wiz
wiz
buzzz
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 47
A: Rhyno
B & C: Z Buzzz
Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 51
I'll chime in here to help everybody out(and get your disc selections back in the realm of reality). =)

Hole 11 @ Seven Oaks park:

The "A" position is rarely played. It's a short shot up the hill and to the right. I (RHBH) throw an easy flick shot up the middle and allow the disc to fade right towards the bucket. Should be an easy deuce(80%). I've seen folks throw putters/mids right at it, but you have to miss all the pegs in the plinko machine to get there, and it's more luck than anything(which is a common review of a few holes at 7Oaks).

The "B" position (pictured) is a straight shot up the middle, with a few guard trees at the top of the hill. The distance on this one is correct, but it plays about 50' farther due to the elevation. I'd say most Gold level players throw putter/mid to this position, but everybody else is throwing mid/driver. I prefer a stable roc thrown hard and flat right up the middle. This one ranges from a good birdie for most players(25%) to a must have for 1000 rated(75%).

The "C" position is about 50' left and a little deeper than "B" position. The distance on this one is probably off a little bit, as it plays every bit of 300' up the hill. I throw a more overstable Teebird on a slight hyzer up the middle, and try to go left of the trees at the top of the hill. That shot results in a skip towards the basket and a putt for a solid birdie 2. This position is a great birdie for most players(10%), and probably 40% for the 1000 rated golfer, and it's one of the few pin positions at 7 Oaks that makes you happy to be right-handed. =) In the "C" spot, nobody is driving with a putter!

-MoneyMike (2011 7Oaks Volunteer of the Year)
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 19
Buzzz or anode for the shorter holes
Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Bogey Member

Ion from the short tees, Comet from the mids, and a San Marino Roc from the long. Hole looks like it has a little bit of an elevation gain.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Sweetest Throws on Earth

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 84
A: Zeppelin
B: Zeppelin
C: Buzzz

Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 178
A: Touch forehand with an Eagle-X
B: Wizard or Comet depending on how steep that hill is
C: Eagle-X hyzerflip up the gut if I wanted to go for it but most likely just a Roc up the middle for control and see where I end up.