Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm hoping they have some nice ones that I can see and feel today. We'll see
Old 02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Well, I'm in love. CFD, SFD and a couple Rivers have been treating me great the last 3 rounds.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
A diamond in the rough perhaps

Got one... a domey CFD. No clue how it flies yet, its max weight and clear, so reluctant to throw with snow on the ground.
i wonder if this was a 1st run or something, because the rim does not appear to be pearly or have bubbles. its stiff but not as much my other CFDs. Flight report hopefully coming sooner than later.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Sounds exactly like my clear first run Russian CFR C-Line FD. I saw a production stamp C-FD at disc golf center recently that was also heavy and clear, very domey. You're probably right, leftovers from the first run. I've been hoarding spare flat ones just in case. If a new run ever comes out domey or flippy, I'll be prepared.

Have you thrown in yet? The domey ones aren't terrible, but they feel slower and flew more turn-then-fade for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
its max weight and clear, so reluctant to throw with snow on the ground.
Well, you could dye it a bright color.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Double Eagle Member

I ordered a few spares, I'm hoping one but not all of them is domey. Something less o/s than the flats and less sensitive than the SFD's.

I sent Discmania a msg about these discs, having been so immediately impressed with them, and got a response which says, in part,
Quote:
We do love the flat and stiff C-FD's too. We have already advised the manufacturer* to stick to the plastic blend used in those ones in the future runs too, but as the production is not fully in our hands, we can not be 100% sure that the disc will stay exactly the same.
The asterisk is to a note that they're mfg'd by Innova, etc etc. But I'm trying to set aside a few too, just in case.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 13
Just wanted to clarify before I order one, the stable/os wind fighters are the flat stiff C-FDs right?

Thanks,
CC
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo View Post
Sounds exactly like my clear first run Russian CFR C-Line FD. I saw a production stamp C-FD at disc golf center recently that was also heavy and clear, very domey. You're probably right, leftovers from the first run. I've been hoarding spare flat ones just in case. If a new run ever comes out domey or flippy, I'll be prepared.

Have you thrown in yet? The domey ones aren't terrible, but they feel slower and flew more turn-then-fade for me.
i got mine from DGC, it was marked white, but fig it would be clear. i had this feeling it was not going to be right between the normal cfd and sfd despite the dome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
Well, you could dye it a bright color.
i originally thought about this, maybe dyeing the inside of the circle stamp, but i think im going to leave it, and use it for night rounds, and taping glow bracelets to
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I ordered a few spares, I'm hoping one but not all of them is domey. Something less o/s than the flats and less sensitive than the SFD's.
it may be a fat chance you get a domey but perhaps. i have found a good bit of difference in the max weight S and the 167 i had, perhaps that could be an option...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrain View Post
Just wanted to clarify before I order one, the stable/os wind fighters are the flat stiff C-FDs right?

Thanks,
CC
yes pretty much any cfd will handle wind, i was chucking mine in steady 25 and gusts of 50 with out much deviation from no wind.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 16
My S-FD works great in the wind as well as the C lines. Gusts up to 20 yesterday and they held the lines perfectly....or at least as well as I threw them. I have thrown the S line in gusts at or above 35mph and when I threw it nose down on ling drives, it acted like there was no wind at all. Nose up or flat and it was to the moon.

My 172 C-FD is noticeably firmer than my 168. The 168 flies great for me. Have yet to throw the firmer one. Keep forgetting to throw it in the bag. I don't doubt its as good as the lighter one at the very least. I just hope Innova doesn't screw these up tinkering with them as they have with so many other molds. That is my biggest worry with these. May be prudent to buy a huge stack before too long.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
it may be a fat chance you get a domey but perhaps. i have found a good bit of difference in the max weight S and the 167 i had, perhaps that could be an option...
If they're all flat, I will be the opposite of heartbroken.