Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 1131
Throwing Style: RHBH
A good large golf umbrella is key. Unless it's windy.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 50
I use hand/dish towel from home. They absorb the wetter better than the microfiber IMO. I have some rain gear (jacket and pants) that I bought a couple years ago. It wasnt cheap, but it has been the best investment Ive made. If your shoes arent water proof/resistant, bring a second pair. Socks are a must as well
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 122
Send a message via AIM to New013
birdie bag or something of the like. rub it on your hand and on your disc right before you throw and you got dry hands and dry disc.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 69
I play wet. I have tried many times to stay dry and I can never get my hands fully dry and it gives my hands too much grip and I shank a lot of shots. So when it rains I say F&%K it and just play wet. I find all my shots work out better for me as apposed to tackiness.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
Here are some of my tips. Push a cart with an umbrella holder. Carry extra clothes to change into between rounds and afterwards. I use a chamois cloth and just a few towels which I hang up inside my umbrella. Carry multiple pairs of gloves. Warm, dry hands really help. I usually carry about 4 pairs including seal skin gloves and sometimes even some of the industrial latex gloves. Also waterproof socks are helpful. I keep 4 pairs of these as well as 4 pairs of matching shoes. It may sound excessive but it really helps.
I'm a big fan of hanging the towels from inside of the umbrella. Somebody showed me that last year and it is genius. The only other advice I would give is to get a caddy. My wife and I caddy for each other whenever we have the opportunity and when it is raining there is nothing better than having somebody else around to dry the discs off for you. Does wonders!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsmanm View Post
I play wet. I have tried many times to stay dry and I can never get my hands fully dry and it gives my hands too much grip and I shank a lot of shots. So when it rains I say F&%K it and just play wet. I find all my shots work out better for me as apposed to tackiness.
Im gonna remember you said this the next time I see you at a tournament when its raining out......
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'd say rain gear (lots of other outdoor sports deal with the elements), and a fresh change of underwear, in case you hit an ace
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Im gonna remember you said this the next time I see you at a tournament when its raining out......
MXG Pro day this last year, when it poured the second round. Played wet and still shot 1000
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 155
I will play in in the snow and while it's snowing. I'll play down to about 20, and in 100 heat, and I will play on a sopping wet course, but I really dislike playing while it's raining. I just find it ain't fun, and really haven't had to do so. I've waited out momentary downpours in shelters close to courses when I've travelled, and will play through a light rain, but I won't start a round in a decent rain, so I typically don't keep rain gear with me.

If you can enjoy a rainy round, more power to you. I just can't enjoy it, so what's the point?

Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I will play in in the snow and while it's snowing. I'll play down to about 20, and in 100 heat, and I will play on a sopping wet course, but I really dislike playing while it's raining. I just find it ain't fun, and really haven't had to do so. I've waited out momentary downpours in shelters close to courses when I've travelled, and will play through a light rain, but I won't start a round in a decent rain, so I typically don't keep rain gear with me.

If you can enjoy a rainy round, more power to you. I just can't enjoy it, so what's the point?
When it's rainy, me and my brother play to different baskets. Like at bicentennial, we played 14 to 4, 4's basket to 15's basket, 15's basket to 16's basket, 16's basket to 4's basket (through the trees, if you went onto 4's fairway it was ob unless it was in 4's putting circle) then we played up the hill to 5's basket from 4's basket, from there to 4's basket, 4's basket to 14's basket.

It's fun to just try out different lines and what not, but that only works if your course has a bunch of close holes.