Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
What a pisser
Old 02-23-2013, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

I've been away from the CPU for a bit so I haven't read much of this thread...Here is my quick review of the Shocks I received:

I have 2 early run Shocks and 2 "improved" Shocks which benefited from considerable tinkering on the part of MVP (that is going to have an impact on all of their drivers).

The two original Shocks fly a lot like my good Volts, only a bit straighter/more line-locking. I like them a lot as they are less affected by the wind than my Volts and because I've always been more a TB guy rather than an Eagle guy. Besides that they aren't incredibly impactful if you already have some Volts that you like.

The two new Shocks I received are a totally different animal...I'm not sure what Mike and ZJ are seeing with theirs as they have more power than I do, but I'm not getting any turn out of mine, even into the wind. I love these and they are honestly what I've been waiting for since before MVP ever even made a driver. They are VERY much like a good stable S or CPD for me, so far seemingly interchangeable. I used these in the wind today and they were awesome.

Over the past week I've gotten 2 packages from MVP...The new Shocks and the Tangents, and they are EXACTLY what I wanted most from them.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
I haven't been seeing turn out of mine either. PD sounds about right, or speed 9 Vector. Need to film some shots with mine, just been busy messing around with the tangents.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 24
Happy to hear about new Shocks. Time to put my PD collection for sale
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM
* Ace Member *

I think my driver set up is going to be something like this:
Flippy Amp
Middle stability Volt
First Shock
New Shock
That pair of shocks fly just like the new/seasoned yellow champstar PDs I have had in my bag forever
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Am I the only one who really, really likes my "old" Shocks? I already throw Teebirds, so I'm actually quite pleased with the Shocks I have....and cant beat the sweet Skullboy/ZAM stamp!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Is there a way to tell the difference from old shock to new shock? Maybe a side by side comparison if at all possible?

Last edited by plastic cannon; 02-23-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
Am I the only one who really, really likes my "old" Shocks? I already throw Teebirds, so I'm actually quite pleased with the Shocks I have....and cant beat the sweet Skullboy/ZAM stamp!
I certainly do and I hope the new ones break in to fly like those...I may have to grab a few to stash but I want to see how the Volt flies when MVP molds it with their new technique/equipment as it will probably be as different as the 2 different Shocks. In other words it should fly much more as it was originally designed to (not floppy). Another thing about the new discs...the flash on the bottom of the wing where the two plastics come together has been nearly eliminated. If feels like an upgrade for sure.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Is there a way to tell the difference from old shock to new shock? Maybe a side by side comparison if at all possible?
PLH and flash...if you have one of each the differences are obvious.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 50
When did they improve the shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've been away from the CPU for a bit so I haven't read much of this thread...Here is my quick review of the Shocks I received:

I have 2 early run Shocks and 2 "improved" Shocks which benefited from considerable tinkering on the part of MVP (that is going to have an impact on all of their drivers).

The two original Shocks fly a lot like my good Volts, only a bit straighter/more line-locking. I like them a lot as they are less affected by the wind than my Volts and because I've always been more a TB guy rather than an Eagle guy. Besides that they aren't incredibly impactful if you already have some Volts that you like.

The two new Shocks I received are a totally different animal...I'm not sure what Mike and ZJ are seeing with theirs as they have more power than I do, but I'm not getting any turn out of mine, even into the wind. I love these and they are honestly what I've been waiting for since before MVP ever even made a driver. They are VERY much like a good stable S or CPD for me, so far seemingly interchangeable. I used these in the wind today and they were awesome.

Over the past week I've gotten 2 packages from MVP...The new Shocks and the Tangents, and they are EXACTLY what I wanted most from them.

When did they tweak the shocks? dates might be good, as I may have to get another one, or two....