Old 02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
MikeC is the shizz.. He posts videos with the home town hero Eyedea (RIP!!!!!!) best scribble jam battle rapper in the hissssssssstory check out eyedea battle rap videos. MC YOU HAVE TASTE BRO!

I met him many times in his short life... Best experience was watching him freestyle over some other wack dudes on stage in the back of first ave around some pool tables KILLING IT.. just like MikeC does his videos'
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
drugs are bad...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
MikeC is the shizz.. He posts videos with the home town hero Eyedea (RIP!!!!!!) best scribble jam battle rapper in the hissssssssstory check out eyedea battle rap videos. MC YOU HAVE TASTE BRO!

I met him many times in his short life... Best experience was watching him freestyle over some other wack dudes on stage in the back of first ave around some pool tables KILLING IT.. just like MikeC does his videos'

If you're going to make a point to pm me about my drugs are bad comment. Maybe sound like your not on drugs...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Plastic Counselor

WOW... glad you replied like a man. thats why it was a PM'

Thanks again MikeC for your hard work! Youtube videos are not easy, let alone good ones to watch. The time alone in editing must be a pain. Keep it up bro! What camera are you using?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Plastic Counselor

and if you want to be like that.. for the record my PM was: Your opinions are respected but there is no reason for that post. I agree but still am a fan of Eyedea. I do not even take **** for a headache so I FEEL YOU but please... not the time or place.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 19
Apparently incorrect grammar = on drugs?

Also, Mike C is awesome. Would love to see you on tour! Team MVP...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Plastic Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Apparently incorrect grammar = on drugs?

Also, Mike C is awesome. Would love to see you on tour! Team MVP...
Yep- this formal forum and all-- I guess I should be more careful of the English teachers. So glad Microsoft WORD did most of the work for me through college. lol

Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Glad you'ved found them useful! If there's anything you'd like to see videos on let me know. This spring I want to do more instructional videos, I think I could do a better job with them.
I would like to see a more in-depth forehand instructional video, and maybe something about the different lines you can put a disc on from a backhand throw and how to shape them.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 80
Mike do you like "Bonobo" just a natural fit for squrepusher fans.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 46
Yep, big Bonobo fan. Used two of their songs in an old video I did with Rocs and Wizards (D song and Something For Wendy I think).

Samsung TL350, which fellow dgcer 811rv was kind enough to send my way. We have him to thank for HD.

I use my dad's old tripod from the early 80's that's missing a few bolts that I've replaced with CAT5 cable for now. I keep meaning to get one of those rotating mounts to make getting the shot level much quicker, but for now I manually adjust each leg when I'm shooting a scene from a hill.

I use Windows Live Movie Maker because I've been too lazy to learn some real video editing software. I've been huge into Photoshop since around 2000-2001 and download the trial of Adobes video editor and felt waaaaaay in over my head.

Mueltrain, one instructional video I definitely plan to shoot is discussing release angles and how different discs respond to them. Something like showing a stable-neutral disc flying on a hyzer, anhyzer, roller and flat release straight shot, then show how overstable and understable molds respond to the same thing and how you can use specific combinations to acheive certain lines, e.g. flex shot approaches with an overstsble disc, or hyzer flips with understable discs. I think under-utilizing release angles is one of the biggest things that holds newcomers back from being able to hit the lines you want. I can't imagine how frustrating shaping lines would be if I only knew how to release flat, and I feel bad when I see people release their straight flyer flat into a headwind, and then bitch about the wind. I just want to yell HYZER!

Giving thought to pursuing tournament play this year.