Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 10
As someone who has only messed with the Ion, Axis, then Anode... what MVP disc would you recommend to give the Anode some company in my bag.

Basically, if someone was a new player, what MVP driver would you recommend for them? I really like my Westside Stag and Discmania FD for my OS/Straight Stable part of my bag, but i'm not too sold on the Diamond/Underworld yet. So I figure whatever MVP driver that would be good for a new player, would be good in THAT specific slot.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
^^^MVP driver for a new player?

Amp. Hands down, by far, no question.

It's not too understable so that a "good" player can't use it. And it's not too overstable so that a noob couldn't control it.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
Well the Volt has some healthy turn, but always come back for a net stability between 0.5 and +1 depending on the way its thrown.. hyzer flips to flat will have more fade but letting it S curve a little will result in a point and shoot control feel

The Amp is not very under-stable unless powered way up, it will turn and likes to hold turn for 50% of flight then begins slowly fade back before it hits the ground with a net stability of around -1. On high power throws it can hold long turns and end -2 or more with added anny release angle.. what i like is that it always fades to at least flat before it hits the ground so you dont get a turn and burn or roll aways.

the Shock (NEW shock, not FR) will resist turn for the most part and will fly straight with power but ALWAYS nice strong long term fade at the last 30% of flight. with a net stability of +3
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
Just a guess, but probably that a RHFH turnover is (almost) the same shot as a RHBH hyzer or straight-with-fade shot. There's utility in it, and that's most likely the situation that elicited Throwasurge's own shot, but I'd definitely throw backhanded on any shot that allowed me to long before I'd opt for a FH turnover.

But that's just me.
Yup pitched my drive 50' right on the course, no option but a turnover FH and I'm all backhand usually.

And yes AMP would be a good twin to the Axis for straightness, though I find a 169 Volt the most similar on downhills.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Par Member

So far this year my nutsac is rockin the anode axis vector volt and soon the tangent. Kind of a disced down year until MVP gets a high speed driver. So far the results have been really good for an all MVP bag for me. The Volt is really my go to disc for anything over 250 to 300'. Thanks MVP.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
@John-- I've done the same thing.. still keep a HS driver around but never really find a need when the volts go 350+

Loveeeeee em! Hard to tell my discs apart in my bag though they all are black over-molds lollllll.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
@John-- I've done the same thing.. still keep a HS driver around but never really find a need when the volts go 350+

Loveeeeee em! Hard to tell my discs apart in my bag though they all are black over-molds lollllll.
My go to is a *destroyer when the volt just can't get there. I guess I'm in the same boat. Come on MVP. The people have spoken.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 56
I love MVP, but they still don't have enough molds out for me to carry only their discs. There's still plenty of rounds where I use my Zone, Stingray, Firebird, and Bliz Wraith. Until they fill alot of slots (overstable, long distance, DX quality plastic), I'm going to have other discs. Having said that, there are some rounds on certain short courses where I'll use only my MVP discs.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

i throw only mvp discs now.. seems to work fine. having the tangent will be cool

Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
for 99.9% of the courses and shots any of my MVP molds will work but there are a few times its nice to have the speed and stability of a distance driver. A shock on steroids would be perfect.
Closed Thread