Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjowo View Post
Did anyone else order from Dynamic Discs on Friday? Mine haven't shipped yet. I thought that they would have shipped by now.
I ordered Friday from DD and mine came in the mail today.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 51
Well, I got about an hour and a half worth of fieldwork in with all three of them and here's what I think:

Plastic: TP sexy and awesome as all-get-out. VIP - not my favorite run. Could be because it was freezing, but my discs were very hard and stiff. I prefer grippy and flexy.

Stag: 173 VIP I threw this guy next to my domey recycled saint and my star teebird for comparison. I was throwing into a headwind, tailwind and the occasional calm. All said and done I have to agree with what ManU has said before. Very long straight flight similar to a saint or teebird, but the fade on the end is very had/abrupt. The disc it most reminds me of is a sword in fairway version. I like it, but I'm not sure what to do with it because my teebird and saint are straighter. Not to open up a giant can of worms, but I would not say it is more stable than a saint or teebird (maybe a tad), just that the fade at the end is different. It will turn a bit if you crank it, and it definitely did NOT fight wind well. It went about 420 for me, same distance as my saint/teebird. Make no mistake though: the glide is insane and this disc definitely bombs without a great deal of effort.

Underworld: Loved it. Threw a heavy VIP and ran it through the all it's paces. It's basically a westside river or glidier leo in flight. It was more stable than I thought it would be though. Thrown with a touch of hyzer it flip up to a frozen rope flight. Give it some height and a pretty flat throw with good snap and it will BOMB. It out drove everything I threw on a few occasions. Thrown flat it will hold it's turn almost to the ground and fade back a touch at the end. I also cranked it a few times into some big sky rollers. I think if you don't have a rocket arm you will love this disc and I think you'll get some very easy D out of it. Even if you have a big arm it's still a very, very good understable fairway.

Tursas: 178g TP. It flies exactly like a mini underworld. No other way to say it, but the flights were nearly identical just that the tursas was shorter. Hyzer flips to straight. Does big anhyzer bombs well. I found it can handle more power than the fuse but was still a bit touchy. I need more work with this one...and more money to buy more underworlds
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
I'm not sure it's fair to lump the saint and teebird in as the same type of disc.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to lump the saint and teebird in as the same type of disc.
Edit...I have a slightly beat star teebird
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledstauffer View Post
VIP - not my favorite run. Could be because it was freezing, but my discs were very hard and stiff. I prefer grippy and flexy.
I think you're gonna like that VIP more when it warms up -- felt pretty buttery down in TX.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
I ordered Friday from DD and mine came in the mail today.
Did they email you tracking info? My account on their site still says "processing"...
Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
All my new disc that i got yesterday and today but there is a STAG and 3 underworlds in there for my westside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crazzy gonzon.jpg (113.6 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 20
The 157 Air Giant is badass as well! Light and zippy, but the super stability keeps it in control.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjowo View Post
Did they email you tracking info? My account on their site still says "processing"...
the shipping site always said processing for me, but at the bottom of the page it gives you the packages shipping history. I never got an actual email after the one with the easy shipping link.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 16
I never got an email with shipping info. Just the invoice email. There is no tracking info on my order screen either. Looks like I'm going to call them today.

Edit: I clicked further into my order and it popped up saying that I couldn't change it because it has been shipped. Too bad they are shipping to work and I took the day off because of the snow...

Last edited by cjowo; 03-05-2013 at 07:08 AM.