Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdphil View Post
So. Played a tournament today. Threw my axis three times and got three birdies. Complete suckage with almost everything else I drove with for some reason. Now I'm wondering if I need to throw more MVP...
I can relate to this, but the opposite way. When I am throwing my other mids (Pain-Roc3-Element) and don't throw my MVP Axis and Vector for a while (more for the Vector) I turn it over slightly when I do pick it up. I just thought bad form. But if I throw it a couple times I'm back to great placement. Not sure why???

My Amp and Shock I have no problem going back and forth from non-MVP to MVP.

Today, I picked up my Axis and chained out, but took the time to go through the motions about 4-5 times first. So maybe it's mental
Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
my anode was teasing me today, hit the top of the basket twice.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Par Member

Anodes are tricky
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 34
The Amp has been in my bag for about two months now. It has proven to be one of the best turnover disc I have ever had in my bag. It definitely has a flight similar to a good broken in Leopard. Dead straight for the first half of it's flight, then it starts turning. If throw low and hard it will not fade back. If given enough hight you can get a slow fade at the end. Very controllable.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelReeves View Post
It definitely has a flight similar to a good broken in Leopard.
You might have a freak, flippy Amp, or mine are freak, stable ones. The ones I have are much more stable than a broken in Leo.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
You might have a freak, flippy Amp, or mine are freak, stable ones. The ones I have are much more stable than a broken in Leo.
I figured as much. I have two of the exact same 170 Pink and they were both flippy out of the box. At the same time I bought a Volt and it had cosiderably more HSS and LSS. I have read a few post describing their Amps as more beefy than advertised. Mine are very understable.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 25
My white Amp is certainly beefier than a Leopard, but I've grown to love it for what it is none the less.

I've spent sometime throwing that Amp onto pavement and into rocks; the overmold is so solid. I do have a volt that somehow got a cut mark in the wing, but it still flies true. MVP = amazing durability.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
From what I had gathered, the stable Amps were the freak ones. The Amp was designed to be somewhat understable/flippy. That's the way mine and others' I've talked to flies. If your Amp is flying like a beat in Leopard, that's good.

Also, I agree with the previous guy. It's such a sweet understable driver. Not too much turn that it divebombs into the ground, and barely any fade.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:53 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
My white Amp is certainly beefier than a Leopard, but I've grown to love it for what it is none the less.

I've spent sometime throwing that Amp onto pavement and into rocks; the overmold is so solid. I do have a volt that somehow got a cut mark in the wing, but it still flies true. MVP = amazing durability.
I had a freak white amp that was more stable, took some boiling water to the dome and that seemed to help it hold turn longer. Still had too much LSS for my liking in an "understable disc"

I have a new amp now that i haven't tried yet so im hoping it flies like a Leo or River. It rained all day and now its snowing hard tonight, if this keep up the snow will never go away

Thats what i get for living in Wisconsin

Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w View Post
The over mold is made of proton plastic? It definitely seems like a different(softer) material to me. And didn't they say that the over mold is more dense than the core causing the gyro effect to be more pronounced? If they're the same how can there be any difference in density?
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Overmold = Proton plastic + weighting agent + black dye.
The weighting agent is what makes the plastic in the overmold more dense. It is either the stiffer proton and the agent makes it softer or it's soft Proton and the agent makes it stiffer (this actually seems a bit more likely).
Closed Thread