Disc Golf Center
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 27
I bought a black amp and found it to be just a tad bit understable, not nearly what I had expected. But after boiling-watering-down any dome and letting it sit under some books to flatten it out, it behaves almost exactly like it was described.

I'd see if you can reduce any domey-ness first before going out and buying another disc
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
I can relate to this, but the opposite way. When I am throwing my other mids (Pain-Roc3-Element) and don't throw my MVP Axis and Vector for a while (more for the Vector) I turn it over slightly when I do pick it up. I just thought bad form. But if I throw it a couple times I'm back to great placement. Not sure why???
I know what you mean, I think it's because you expect the Vector to be more stable than it is, so you turn it over, and it burns. I thought it would be good for FH but a Zone or Rhyno is better for me. I decided I don't really have the power for the Vector, 300ft is Axis territory. I carry a 176 Axis as main mid and a 179 Axis in place of Vector. I enjoyed it a lot more new with a stable S flight before it broke in.

Last edited by Throwasurge; 03-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Slowly working a lot of classic innova molds out of the bag for some high quality MVP.
My question is, is the axis comparable to a leopard in terms of stability and flight? I've thrown axi'i before and noted that they seem really long for a mid. I also mostly use my Leo for shorter <300 ft. Holes.
Is the axis comparable enough to be a substitute for the leopard?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
What's the average distance you guys are getting with the volt?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
I wouldn't compare the axis and leopard.. the AMP would be a closer fit. Leo's I have thrown all have a pretty early HSS turn compared to axis or AMP and the axis IMO does not hyzer-flip like a leo does it wants to hold the release angle more and stay on that true flight. I would say the Axis should work fine for holes under 300' but would not really compare it to a leopard because its a mid vs a fairway so that alone makes the discs fly very different-- capable of the same things though for the most part. Leo's will be longer for sure and less friendly to powered down control shots than the "point and shoot" axis.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

330+ comfortably. Still working the kinks on those. Teebirds can push 375 though.
Stocked to tug on the new shocks.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I wouldn't compare the axis and leopard.. the AMP would be a closer fit. Leo's I have thrown all have a pretty early HSS turn compared to axis or AMP and the axis IMO does not hyzer-flip like a leo does it wants to hold the release angle more and stay on that true flight. I would say the Axis should work fine for holes under 300' but would not really compare it to a leopard because its a mid vs a fairway so that alone makes the discs fly very different-- capable of the same things though for the most part. Leo's will be longer for sure and less friendly to powered down control shots than the "point and shoot" axis.
Good to know! Thanks for responding. I'll just pull out the Leo for now and give the neutron axis a solid throwing.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
What's the average distance you guys are getting with the volt?
360's in the cold seems to be pushing its limits without throwing a more distance style lines, then I have hit the 400 (at BRP flat ground) but didn't feel as controlled as 325-350 range.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
Good to know! Thanks for responding. I'll just pull out the Leo for now and give the neutron axis a solid throwing.
yeah it took me some getting used to because I expected it to be a little less stable than it actually was, which ended up being great but just flew different than I had imagined. Its really a good disc for those tight lines and low ceiling shots and long true hyzer/anhyzer shots it just keeps riding the line so well'

I would suggest a volt if you want to try one of their drivers.. It is like a teebird/leopard.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
yeah it took me some getting used to because I expected it to be a little less stable than it actually was, which ended up being great but just flew different than I had imagined. Its really a good disc for those tight lines and low ceiling shots and long true hyzer/anhyzer shots it just keeps riding the line so well'

I would suggest a volt if you want to try one of their drivers.. It is like a teebird/leopard.
I have all three drivers. Just no major experience throwing the volt/shock. I love my amp for turn overs and hyzer flips.
Closed Thread